Through The Bible One Verse At A Time

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rules are simple. Beginning at Genesis 1:1, and posting the following verse, and so on, in order as laid out in the KJV one verse per post, let's make our way to the last verse in the book of Revela

Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

John I made a mistake in my previous post.. I used Genesis 34 instead of Genesis 33.. My mistake.. You followed the same chapter.. sorry to mislead you I corrected mine

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Exodus 21:29

But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death.

These verses are so relevant today. People let their pit bulls roam, menace and show aggression, nobody does anything until they maim, disfigure, or kill a child (or adult). Then, after the fact, they call it an "accident".

Exodus 21:35

And if one man's ox hurt another's, that he die; then they shall sell the live ox, and divide the money of it; and the dead ox also they shall divide.

https://bible.com/bible/1/exo.21.35.KJV

• 7 months later...

Exodus 22:5, "If a man shall cause a field or vineyard to be eaten, and shall put in his beast, and shall feed in another man's field; of the best of his own field, and of the best of his own vineyard, shall he make restitution."

Exodus 22:6

If fire break out, and catch in thorns, so that the stacks of corn, or the standing corn, or the field, be consumed therewith; he that kindled the fire shall surely make restitution.

• 1 year later...

Exodus 22:8, "If the thief be not found, then the master of the house shall be brought unto the judges, to see whether he have put his hand unto his neighbour's goods."

Exodus 22:9 For all manner of trespass, whether it be for ox, for ass, for sheep, for raiment, or for any manner of lost thing, which another challengeth to be his, the cause of both parties shall come before the judges; and whom the judges shall condemn, he shall pay double unto his neighbour.

• 1 month later...

Exodus 22:10 & 11, "If a man deliver unto his neighbor an ass, or an ox, or a sheep, or any beast, to keep; and it die, or be hurt, or driven away, no man seeing it: Then shall an oath of the LORD be between them both, that he hath not put his hand unto his neighbor's goods; and the owner of it shall accept thereof, and he shall not make it good."