• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Buchanan On: Russian Aggression Prevention Act Of 2014

ThePilgrim

• Members

As a general rule, the moment you see an American politician pointing at someone and claiming he is Hitler, you know he's prOBably innocent of whatever he's being accused of doing.  It's not a perfectly reliable device, but when they're OBviously engaging in hyperbole, the chances are they are doing so because they can't make a reasonable case based on what he's actually done.

It is remarkable that even the least competent administration in American history is managing to screw up the Middle East, Russia, and the southern border of the USA all at the same time.  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if OBama ordered an amphibious invasion of Uganda.

It's OBvious that the USA is the real prOBlem here. But what is their motivation, beyond a short-term interest in pillaging the resources of Ukraine?  I think I know, but you all know my opinion on that issue already.

http://original.antiwar.com/buchanan/2014/07/28/a-gop-ultimatum-to-vlad/

God bless,

Larry

• Members

As a general rule, the moment you see an American politician pointing at someone and claiming he is Hitler, you know he's prOBably innocent of whatever he's being accused of doing.  It's not a perfectly reliable device, but when they're OBviously engaging in hyperbole, the chances are they are doing so because they can't make a reasonable case based on what he's actually done.

It is remarkable that even the least competent administration in American history is managing to screw up the Middle East, Russia, and the southern border of the USA all at the same time.  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if OBama ordered an amphibious invasion of Uganda.

It's OBvious that the USA is the real prOBlem here. But what is their motivation, beyond a short-term interest in pillaging the resources of Ukraine?  I think I know, but you all know my opinion on that issue already.

http://original.antiwar.com/buchanan/2014/07/28/a-gop-ultimatum-to-vlad/

God bless,

Larry

you know our current administration may be completely inept.

But I will take issue with you on labeling the USA as the prOBlem.  I am a true patriot of the USA and take offense at your accusation the I am the real prOBlem.

It is the left in the USA that are the real prOBlem and they are the ones almost always using the Hitler accusation towards those they oppose and I don't consider Buchanan the leader of the GOP or BOB Coker for that matter.  And the Left is made up of all parties.

If you hate the USA so much why don't you move and stay out of her business.

• Members

Larry wasn't referring to you as being the prOBlem (on a side note, why are so many so easily offended these days???).

The American government is the prOBlem (which Reagan stated much more eloquently). Our leaders decided they didn't like the outcome of the legal, democratic elections of Ukraine and the direction that legally, democratically elected leadership was going. Therefore they determined to undermine the democratic process (notice that democracy is one of their gods until things don't go their way, at which point they determine to play God) by sending in covert operatives, money and supplies which they gave to dissident groups, most notably the neo-Nazi groups. What is going on in Ukraine today is a direct result of that interference in the internal affairs of that nation by our leaders.

In any event, love of ones country has nothing to do with love of ones leaders, denying reality or any such thing.

I love my country, but when the leadership takes us in a wrong direction, does the wrong thing, I'll be just as quick to acknowledge it and call for right as I would be to applaud the leadership when they take us the right direction and do that which is right.

• Members

Larry wasn't referring to you as being the prOBlem (on a side note, why are so many so easily offended these days???).

The American government is the prOBlem (which Reagan stated much more eloquently). Our leaders decided they didn't like the outcome of the legal, democratic elections of Ukraine and the direction that legally, democratically elected leadership was going. Therefore they determined to undermine the democratic process (notice that democracy is one of their gods until things don't go their way, at which point they determine to play God) by sending in covert operatives, money and supplies which they gave to dissident groups, most notably the neo-Nazi groups. What is going on in Ukraine today is a direct result of that interference in the internal affairs of that nation by our leaders.

In any event, love of ones country has nothing to do with love of ones leaders, denying reality or any such thing.

I love my country, but when the leadership takes us in a wrong direction, does the wrong thing, I'll be just as quick to acknowledge it and call for right as I would be to applaud the leadership when they take us the right direction and do that which is right.

it is the anti American rant I take real offense with.

And BTW you and I are the USA.

Any American who goes on these anti-American rants should first move out.

I agree with the administration is the real prOBlem. But it is the ALL inclusive USA that I take issue with.   80% percent of the USA are not the PrOBlem either. OBama's big ticket winner and the reason he did his apology tour was because he believes that the USA is the prOBlem.  Most Anti-American Rants come from people who are left and liberal.

• Members

80% of the people in America wouldn't agree with you or me on matters of politics, religion or geo-politics. Does that mean the 80% need to leave?

You have heard of the First Amendment, right? The original point of that amendment was so citizens could be assured of the freedom to speak out against their leaders if they wanted to. The intent was to ensure that not only popular speech would be protected, but also speech that wasn't popular.

Most often one can tell by the context of a statement what the speaker is referring to when they say "America"; as to whether they are using it in a generic manner referring to the leadership, the people, the land.

America, like every other nation on the planet is subject to the effects of the Fall and sin. Wickedness abounds in America as in other nations. This includes among leadership at all levels as well as the citizenry, illegals and others here.

If one wants to say America is righteous in her actions of supporting internal subversion against a democratically elected government then they must agree other nations would be righteous in attempting to do the same to America or stand starkly as a hypocrite.

Our government foolishly abandoned one of our staunchest allies and friends in Egypt while giving support to his enemies all for the sake of what they thought was political expediency and hoping they would like the outcome. This led to riots, rapes and murders across Egypt, a democratic election America decided they weren't happy with and their support of a coup.

It's not anti-American at all to denounce wrongs, evil, wickedness, corruption and folly.

America does some good things, and I support such and applaud such, but America also does bad things which I can't support or applaud and some of which needs to be spoken of addressed. Ignoring our prOBlems won't make them go away, they will only get worse.

• Members

you know our current administration may be completely inept.

But I will take issue with you on labeling the USA as the prOBlem.  I am a true patriot of the USA and take offense at your accusation the I am the real prOBlem.

It is the left in the USA that are the real prOBlem and they are the ones almost always using the Hitler accusation towards those they oppose and I don't consider Buchanan the leader of the GOP or BOB Coker for that matter.  And the Left is made up of all parties.

If you hate the USA so much why don't you move and stay out of her business.

I do not like the way the government of the U.S.A. is being run and I believe I still have (so far anyway) the right to say so.  The day may come (and not in the far distant future) when I will not have that right but as long as I have my voice and the breath to use it, I will say what I think about the government.  Sometime in the not too distant future when I no longer have the right to speak my opinion someone will prOBably shut me up and you those who disagree will not have to hear my disagreeable rants. 

As far as packing up and leaving town because some are offended by the truth, the Lord has blessed me with the courage to stand where I am.  When He considers it is time to take me from this vail of tears and bring me home I will leave my home here and go to the mansion prepared for me.  Until that day I stay where He has put me.

I don't mean to sound combative but I just don't like being told to shut up or get out.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

Regarding the ISIS war, it's interesting the media doesn't bother to point out that the rebels in Syria that everyone from OBama to McCain have wanted to support are the same ones they complain about, and McCain wants to attack, in Iraq.

While McCain's bark is prOBably much louder than his bite would be if he were capable of biting, if one went by his words we could expect had he been elected president America would have troops in combat in several nations as well as being deployed to others. These would include more troops in Afghanistan as well as putting troops back into Iraq, as well as into Syria, Libya, Ukraine and possibly Iran and Crimea; as well as Poland, the Baltic States, etc.

America should have never got involved in Ukraine's internal affairs. After being caught doing so and failing in their mission, even making the situation far worse than before, America should have stepped aside. Instead we have an Administration who wants to poke at the Russian bear which can bring about no good.

As long as the terrorists are busy fighting among themselves and fighting other Muslims in the Middle East we should simply keep an eye on things and let them stay busy killing themselves.

Buchanan wrote another article some time back pointing out past American attempts to undermine foreign governments, force out leaders, replace leaders, prop up despots for our supposed good, and other covert operations which all went bad. Then they went from bad to worse.

Rather than trying to control the world we might do well to return to the original idea that served America well for over a hundred years. Tend to our own business. Stay out of other peoples wars. Give moral support but not get politically or militarily involved in others wars or internal conflicts. Conduct commerce trade with all who are willing. Grow and build while others are destroying.

Archived