• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bethel’S Bill Johnson: “Jesus Was So Empty Of Divine Capacity…”

RSS Robot

• Members

By John Lanagan My Word Like Fire Ministries Bill Johnson is an effective purveyor of kenosis, the heretical teaching that Christ operated on earth solely as a man, with no “Divine capacity” whatsoever. Every miracle, every healing that Christ performed, according to Johnson, came about through the power of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, Johnson teaches, […]

View the full article

• Members

Have not read the article, just glancing through forum on way to work, but the first thing that comes to my mind on this statement that Christ had no Divine Capacity of Himself was what does he do with the fact that Jesus felt virtue come out of himself when his garment was touched by the woman with the issue of blood?

Mark 5:30 (KJV)
30  And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?

If His power was entirely of the Holy Spirit, then would he have felt the power leaving him?

Bro. Garry

• Members

How could he be the fullness of the Godhead bodily if he had no divine nature or power?  How could he be God in the flesh?

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

John 1:1, 2, 14 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  The same was in the beginning with God. . .  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

1Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

If people say is was not god in the flesh they are not of God Read 1 John

Archived