• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Obey Husband Or Go To Church?

• Members

Revelation 21:8 (KJV) 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The Greek word pseudes is translated Liars. It means, lying, deceitful, false.

Lying indicates conuing in a lie. Deceitful and false self-explanatory.

Clearly liars is speaking of those living a lie, unwilling to repent.

• Members

I knew a lost man who would go to church if his saved wife was there just to cuss and cause a disturbance. She waited like 10 years and tried again, but he showed up during the service acting like a devil. She stopped after that. I talked to him time and time again but he died lost.  

• Members

I knew a guy who didn't want his wife going to church but she really wanted to go. He finally agreed to allow her to go, but only if she went with him and did exactly as he said. The wife was elated, until she found out what that really meant. Her husband forced her to wear less than modest clothing and sit in a pew where most everyone would see her.

I know of another who did similar with his wife, but he forced her to do such outside the church and whenever the whim struck him.

In university I knew a guy who knew what the Bible said better than most Christians, yet he was unsaved and didn't believe God was real. Ironically, this guy looked very much like the "Jesus" we see in so many paintings supposedly depicting Him. This young man was very intelligent and depending upon his mood the could argue equally forcibly for or against any particular aspect of Scripture. I witnessed him biblically demolish a non-believer who was attacking Christianity and the Bible. At the same time, I heard him turn a man out soul winning in so many circles that he finally left just mumbling because he could come up with no answers, no replies to what was cast at him. This guy reminded me of the devil in how he knows the Word so well, yet is lost, and is able to be outright anti-God one moment yet appear to be an angel of light the next. All the while allowing his own pride of intellect to keep him from believing in the God of the Bible.

Archived