• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Heresy ?

Donald

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To all above:  :goodpost:

I went to an Assemblies of God church when I was about 17 for some months maybe a year. My Granny was saved in the Church of God, both of them here believe in losing salvation. It messed me up for a long time. I feared losing my salvation more than I trusted Jesus and His Father's power of keeping me saved. It lead me into a works doctrine. Praise Jesus he set me free from that. We have "freewill" Baptist here in the Mts and they too believe in losing salvation. Their members will testify during revivals, "I done this, or I done that and I need to get resaved". One of my co-workers told me if I saw a young woman in a bikini wrecked my car or truck and was killed, I'd go to hell. 

I had a similar experience with 'Freewill' Baptists in the Virginia Beach area in the 80s. I sat down on many occasions to discuss this fallacy of losing salvation. I don't recall how the Pentecostals I've encountered believe concerning salvation. But, it will be a good discussion point for the next one I meet. 

Archived