• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Heresy ?

Donald

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Charges and accusations made against Paul by the leaders of the nation of Israel (i.e. the high priest; the elders; and “a certain orator named Tertullus” – their 'mouthpiece'):

For
we
have
found
this
man
a
pestile
nt
fellow
, and
a
mover
of
sedition
among all the Jews throughout the world, and
a
ringleader
of the sect of the Nazarenes
:

Who
also
hath
gone
about
to
profane
the temple
: whom we took, and would have judged according to our law.

But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands,

Commanding his accusers to come u
nt
o thee: by examining of whom thyself mayest take knowledge of all these things, whereof we accuse him.

And the
Jews
also
asse
nt
ed
, saying that these things were so

According to the “charges” brought by the Jews against The Apostle Paul:  
•     Paul was “a pestilent fellow” {a personal attack on Paul’s character without any proof.}
•     Paul was “a mover of sedition among all the Jews” {an unsupported charge without evidence.}
•     Paul was “a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes” {so what “crime” did he commit?}
•     Paul went about “to profane the temple” {in what specific way did he “profane the temple?}

Did you notice that the Jews did not present one specific charge against Paul? Vague generalizations and personal attacks are TYPICAL of all naysayers, gainsayers, and sophists. This is the modus operandi of all cunning, deceitful, dishonest and disingenuous Humanists today. {And the reason why I say it is an exercise in futility to try to reason with naysayers, gainsayers, sophists, and/or Bible critics & correctors (lost or saved) – since they have no genuine interest in the truth!}

ACTS 24: THE APOSTLE PAUL’S DEFENCE BEFORE THE GOVERNOR (FELIX)
Please take note as to how Paul deals specifically with the generalized and unfounded charges brought against him.

Then Paul, after that the governor had beckoned u
nt
o him to speak, answered, Forasmuch as I know that thou hast been of many years a judge u
nt
o this nation, I do the more cheerfully answer for myself:

Because that thou mayest understand, that there are yet but twelve days since I we
nt
up to Jerusalem for to worship.

12 And they
neither
found
me
in
the
temple
disputing
with
any
man
neither
raising
up
the
people
neither
in
the
synagogues
nor
in
the
city
:

Neither
can
they
prove
the
things
whereof
they
now
accuse
me

But
this
I
confess
u
nt
o
thee
, that
after
the
way
which
they
call
heresy
, so worship I the God of my fathers
, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

And have
hope
toward
God
, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be
a
resurrection
of the dead
, b
ot
h of the just and unjust.

And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.

Now after many years I came to bring alms to my nation, and offerings.

Whereupon certain Jews from Asia found me purified in the temple, neither with multitude, nor with tumult.

Who ought to have been here before thee, and
OB
ject, if they had ought against me.

Or else let these same here say, if they have found any evil doing in me, while I stood before the council,

Except it be for this one voice, that I cried standing among them, Touching the resurrection of the dead I am called in question by you this day.

Paul denied that he taught: “all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses”; he denied that he taught the Jews: “not to circumcise their children”; and he denied that he taught the Jews: not “to walk after the customs”. He also denied that he ever taught: “all men every where against the people {i.e. the Jews}, and the law, and this place” {i.e. the Temple}. Paul denied all of their charges and accusations! But in Acts 24:14 Paul does confessthat after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets”. So the question arises just exactly WHAT was “the way” that the Jews called “heresy”, and to which the Apostle Paul freely confessed to?

• Members
HERESY & HERETICKS {Part III}

The following is a partial list of Heresies that I believe would qualify a person for being a Heretick.

A Heretick is a person who professes to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and the major Bible doctrines but who embraces one or more of the following heresies. A Heretick is someone:

•  Who believes: that Mary was born without sin (the “immaculate conception”)
•  Who believes: that a wafer can be changed in to the body of Christ
•  Who believes: that wine can be changed in to the blood of Christ
•  Who believes: that the Roman Catholic “Mass” is efficacious with God
•  Who believes: that you must OBserve the Sabbath in order to be saved
•  Who believes:  that you must OBserve The Law in order to be saved
•  Who believes:  that you must perform some works in order to be saved
•  Who believes: that it is NOT necessary to be born again in order to be saved
•  Who believes: you must speak in tongues in order to be saved
•  Who believes: that you must be Baptized in Water in order to be saved
•  Who believes:  that you must be a member of their church to be saved or to be a member of the Bride of Christ
•  Who believes:  that God has two churches (one in Heaven & one on earth)
•  Who believes:  that a pastor is the head of the "local" church
•  Who believes:  that a pastor can replace the Lord Jesus Christ in His church

A Heretick is a person who professes to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and the major Bible doctrines, but who does not believe in one or more of the following major doctrines. A Heretick is someone:

•  Who does not believe: in the Inspiration of The Holy Scriptures (i.e. KJV Bible)
•  Who does not believe: in the existence of Satan or devils (i.e. evil spirits)
•  Who does not believe: in the existence of Angels
•  Who does not believe: in HELL
•  Who does not believe: in HEAVEN
•  Who does not believe: in the eternal soul of man
•  Who does not believe: in the Biblical account of the Fall of Man
•  Who does not believe: in the existence of SIN (or man’s sinful nature)
•  Who does not believe: in the need for Redemption from Sin
•  Who does not believe: in the Biblical Flood
•  Who does not believe: in the record of the Biblical signs, wonders, & miracles
•  Who does not believe: in the existence of Evil
•  Who does not believe: in the Judgment of God
•  Who does not believe: in God’s institution of Marriage (between one man & one woman)

CONCERNING THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST
A Heretick is a person who professes to believe in the Biblical Doctrines concerning the person of Lord Jesus Christ, but who does not believe in one or more of the following major doctrines pertaining to Christ.  A Heretick is someone who:

•  Does not believe: that Jesus Christ is the bodily manifestation of the “Godhead”
•  Does not believe: that Jesus Christ is the fullness of the Godhead bodily
•  Does not believe: that Jesus Christ is the Creator of all creation
•  Does not believe: in the Miraculous Conception & Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ
•  Does not believe: that Jesus Christ came as the Jews’ Messiah
•  Does not believe: that Jesus Christ is the ONE (& ONLY) SAVIOUR of the world
•  Does not believe: that Jesus Christ rose bodily (physically) from the grave
•  Does not believe: that Jesus Christ’s shed blood paid for all of their sins
•  Does not believe: that Jesus Christ is the ONE (& ONLY) HEAD of the church

• Members

So you feel it is right to take over someone else's thread and basically spam it with a multitude of posts??????

the thread is about heresy and this is a fine study of it.  It is not spam in any way.  Apparently you do not know what spam is.  Spam is when you send unwanted email to many people at once.

I just reposted a study here a big difference. but it is no way is hijacking the thread which would be a more correct term.

If we are going to discuss heresy let's know what we are talking about before it migrates down many rabbit trails.

Try reading and commenting about what heresy is instead of junk post meant to to slander. Slander is a false statement said about someone.  in this case that I took over a thread and spammed. I did not change the subject nor did I repost something different from the topic therefore spam, hijack and take over are false accusations.

The reason I know this about spam is that my nephew who corrected me when I used it in the same manner as you, rebuked me and corrected my understanding of spam.  He is a graduate of UCLA and MIT in computer Science. He is a programmer and an IT consultant for Google, Apple and IBM.  Hijacking is the term and multiple post that are different is not spam.  However if you post multiple posts with links to other sights and each of them is of a different subject and in no wise is on topic of the thread, some consider that to be a type forum spam.  But even then my nephew will disagree with that term.  It is still hijacking.

• Members

Ok so at this point some like Dave maybe asking why I posted the study on Heresy.

1) misconception of what heresy is.

and 2) because the OP lead into someone speaking in tongues was a heresy.

So In order that we could see if someone speaking in tongues we needed to see what an heresy was according to God's Word and not a man's interpretation.

If you read through the post the conclusion was that Heresy was When someone deviated in the FUNDAMENTALS of Faith. 

So if someone says you MUST speak in tongues in order to be saved that is an Heresy according to what we learned from the study. 

Now if we say someone speaks in tongues whether it is interpreted or uninterpreted that is not a heresy, because it does not affect the fundamentals of the Bible doctrine of Salvation or the salvation of the one practicing it.  Speaking in tongues will not cause someone to be saved or to be unsaved.

Now that we understand what heresy is we now can move forward and understand that while men will label the practice of speaking in an unknown or known tongue a heresy, we know they are incorrect in their use of the word HERESY.  Like in the study when does a false teaching become a heresy and we saw the answer when it affects on of the Bible Fundamentals or Faith.

• Members

No you're wrong - spam is tinned meat.

1) correct Spam in a can is spam it is is condensed from the words "Spiced Ham".

2) that is funny

3) it is a term used by computer programmers in identifying certain activities where one send unsolicited emails to large amounts of people at once.

Archived