• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Howdy

Winman

• Members

Hi, my name is Wes, and I just signed up here as Winman. Some of you may know me from Baptist Board where I am temporarily banned for making "inflammatory posts" (translation- I refuted Calvinism with scripture). It is only temporary and I will be allowed to post there again soon. 

I was saved in a Baptist church 50 years ago when I was a ten year old boy in Panama City, Florida. It may have been Hugh Pyle that preached the fire and brimstone sermon that convinced me I needed Jesus Christ to save me from my sins, but I am not absolutely sure. I do know I asked Jesus to come into my heart and save me from my sins that day and I have not been the same since. 

I have always belonged to IFB churches and am pretty orthodox except in one area, I do not believe men are born guilty of Adam's sin (original sin). I do believe all men are born "flesh" with a propensity to sin, but I do not believe God judges men as "sinners" until they are old enough to know between good and evil (Ecc 7:29, Deu 1:39, Isa 7:16, Jon 4:11, Mat 18:3, 10, Luke chapter 15, Rom 7:9-11, 1 Pet 2:25 among others). This view of mine does not sit well with many Baptists, but I believe I can support it from MUCH scripture. 

Other than that, I am very conservative and King James only which is considered heretical at BB. That's OK, I believe the Word of God. 

I look forward to posting here, I especially enjoy debating Calvinism which I firmly believe is false doctrine. I have read some posts here and see I am not alone in this view. I do believe it is important to confront this doctrine, we are commanded to contend for the faith. 

Thanks. 

• Members

welcome! I too, was saved in Panama City!

Wow, it's a small world isn't it? I only lived in Panama City for one year, I attended Millville Elementary school. I made friends with a neighbor boy, his parents were missionaries that were home from Afghanistan. I remember them telling me how they had to hide from the Russians. They invited my older brother and I to go to church with them and that is when I heard the sermon on hell. I was terrified and afraid to leave that church until I got my salvation settled. At the invitation I almost ran down to the front. They showed me the Romans Road if I remember correctly and asked me if I believed what the Bible said. I always believed the Bible. They showed me Romans 10:13 and asked me if I would like to pray and ask Jesus to save me. I said yes, and I meant it with all my heart. I did pray and ask Jesus to save me. They say you can't trust an experience, but I could feel when the Holy Spirit came into me, and he has never left. That was the greatest day of my life. We moved soon after that to Jacksonville, Fla. were I lived for many years. 

I will always love Panama City, because that is where I trusted Jesus Christ as my Saviour. 

• Members

Welcome

I was saved in Chipley, which is almost 50 miles north of PC. I think I once heard Lester Roloff preach at Central Baptist in PC back in the early 70's..Was that your church?  Hugh Pyle was a good Bible preacher I heard a few times and have a couple of his books as well. He went home to be with the Lord a few years ago.

• Members

Welcome

I was saved in Chipley, which is almost 50 miles north of PC. I think I once heard Lester Roloff preach at Central Baptist in PC back in the early 70's..Was that your church?  Hugh Pyle was a good Bible preacher I heard a few times and have a couple of his books as well. He went home to be with the Lord a few years ago.

Wow, lots of folks from that area, I remember hearing of Chipley, but I've never been there that I can recall. 

I am not absolutely certain if it was Central Baptist, as I don't believe they had a large building in '64-'65 when I was saved (can't remember exact date). The church I was saved in was fairly large. 

We only lived in Panama City one year, and I was very young, so my memories are not too good. But I do remember receiving Jesus, I will NEVER forget that. 

Thanks again to all for the warm welcome. 

• Members

I went to school in Chipley for a few months at their community college. Coming from Panama City at the time it seemed kind of redneck to me at the time. But I was young, 21 at time, and it was too far to drive on a regular basis.

• Members

Welcome My friend I hope you find OB well pleasing and nothing like BB ,I was there for a short stay but I wasn't banned but I did ban myself from such.

May the Lord Jesus bless you   

• Members

Welcome My friend I hope you find OB well pleasing and nothing like BB ,I was there for a short stay but I wasn't banned but I did ban myself from such.

May the Lord Jesus bless you   

Thank you very much. I don't expect OB to be perfect, and if it was, you wouldn't want me here, I'll mess it up!  :bleh:

Archived