• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Choosing A Church

GraceSaved

• Administrators

Ok I'll stop. But remember the church does not meet in a church (no bible verse for that).  you can find the church by turning to your saved spouse, child or neighbor.  church was never used in the bible as a place of fellowship.  My point was about using Biblical terms in Biblical ways, seeing everyone here claims to believe the Bible so why not act like it and talk like it.

We all know what your point was.  Just because someone doesn't act and talk like you dictated doesn't mean they aren't biblical. You take too much upon yourself to pass that kind of judgment.  Cease and desist (even though you said you'd stop, you didn't).  No rebuttal is necessary.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SFIC, it's funny you mention that because in my search I flippantly mentioned to my sister that maybe I should start a fellowship group in my home. I actually have a drafted tex addressed to all those whom I think would be interested but haven't sent it. :-)

• Members

How would one start a home church or shall I say fellowship group?

First, a man needs to be called of God to do it.  Just because there is a need does not mean one should do it.  A calling is necessary and then once one moves on that calling, a testing of that calling will commence. ( out of 10 will fail the testing because it could mean hardships that they are not willing to bear. 

I was in the mission field and do to a man's selfish ambition and alternative motives we lost all our support from our sending church and they would no longer handle our funds either.  We stood in our integrity before God and pressed on God provided every time we never went hungry and our bills were always paid for 15 years.  It was hard because we didn't have what we would have liked to have to do what we would have done.  But God always supplied fully for the things He wanted done that included youth camps, Family Camps and Bible Study workshops, Fence for the church lot, and even now while we are here the fellowship still stands and they are praying in funds to refurbish the 20 year old building.

Secondly, Try not to take any from other fellowships but reach out to those who are lost or are no longer attending any fellowship.  I found there are a lot of them.  this does not mean that some from their fellowships wont come but if they do it is of their own accord and you are blameless.

and Third, Try following some of the things I listed out in post #21 as to what our groups will do as it grows because it is more NT Biblical than todays Western Church Model.  If it goes correctly everyone in the fellowship will be about the work and exercising their spiritual gifts. In order for it to work there has to be close nit relationships of all the members.  this is done by spending longer hours with each other.

And of course Pray Pray Pray.  I added this because someone would have spoke up and said we didn't do the main thing "Pray".

Archived