• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Coe Goes Mad

ThePilgrim

• Members

Totally not unexpected news out of merry old England this morning followed by a comment I ran across.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2691534/Church-England-votes-allow-women-bishops-just-20-months-failure-sjunk-incomprehensible-ban.html

"There is a certain stupendously hideous layer of hell that awaits those who say they are believers but then do everything they can to willfully destroy their faith and their church.
500 years ago this led to endless wars and splits. This time it will simply lead to attrition and a flocking back to the more orthodox. The remnants will only be stronger for it. These simpletons don't actually think they will win do they?? Not against God.

But perhaps that isn't the endgame they seek. It's the comforting shield against seeing one's own sin that they crave. If enough people can be made sinners, if enough righteous people can be perverted, heck if enough righteous people will be silent and just go with it, they'll never have to face their sins. At least on this Earth. But to the nihilists that may be enough for them. How sad.

A murderer can repent, embrace God, and be saved.
A non-believer can be filled with Grace, repent and be saved.

A believer that willfully twists the Word to suit their own petty desires and disguise their shame is the worst of all things : Heretic. And heretics deserve all the fire they can get.
Don't be surprised to hear that word a lot more as we go forth and old prOBlems start to burn anew in a less civilized world."

God bless,

Larry

Yes, I heard yesterday they were voting. There is a three step dance toward church depravity (1) women in authority (2) homosexuals in authority (3) perform homosexual marriages.

• Moderators

Are we shocked because a 'church' with a foundation of rebellion and desire for power, and currently run BY a woman, should further turn from truths they have long-since rejected? Yes, they gave us the KJV, yes at one time thee were some godly people in it because they preferred it to the far-worse Roman institution, but they still have a sand foundation, and they have just sunk further of late.

• Members

Good points Dave. For years I've been mocked and attacked for pointing such out. I've had Christians tell me that since men have abdicated leadership God is raising up women to lead the churches (they always claim Deborah being an OT judge makes women pastors biblical).

Anyway, when I've warned that acceptance of women leading in the church would eventually lead to acceptance of homosexuality and homosexual leaders I've been laughed at and screamed at.

Look at where we are today. Look at the churches that first accepted women pastors and where those churches are today.

One compromise with sin, if not repented of, always leads to another, and another and so on.

Now we have churches run by women and homosexuals where they say only part of the Bible is God's actual Word, hell is denied, certain sins are no longer sins but a matter of choice or genetics, and in some cases apparently God loves homosexuals more than He does those who actually agree with what God says in Scripture.

• Members

Sad, but not surprising.  As they said on TV after the vote, Anglicans in USA have already instituted women bishops.

I wonder how it will affect a vicar who is the son of a Baptist Pastor. He operates more or less independently of his bishop.    He preaches salvation by Christ alone and baptizes only converts by immersion.  He will not baptize babies but cannot baptize those who have already been sprinkled as babies, but will send such to a Baptist Church for baptism.  One of my cousins goes to an Anglican Church where the vicar does exactly the same. 

What will they do?  My feeling is that they will find some way to calm their conciences to enable them to stay.

What should they do?   Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

• Members

Don't forget to put a young man who lacks experience in ministry is also an area that leads many down the wrong path as well.  It is like letting the child rule the family instead of the Dad.

Like Spurgeon?

• Members

Like Spurgeon?

I have no idea about spurgeon.  but some of the men and women in the quoted were definitely quite young.  I know that some we are not to despise a man because of his youth but in todays Churchianity there are many who are not just unqualified but inexperienced.  the church in all denominations and non denominations there is the treatment of the ministry as a JOB and a total lack of reverence of the word of God.  In who these are serving only their belly.

• Moderators

I have no idea about spurgeon.  but some of the men and women in the quoted were definitely quite young.  I know that some we are not to despise a man because of his youth but in todays Churchianity there are many who are not just unqualified but inexperienced.  the church in all denominations and non denominations there is the treatment of the ministry as a JOB and a total lack of reverence of the word of God.  In who these are serving only their belly.

Spurgeon was only 17 when he was voted in as a pastor, just a year after his salvation. He was, however, an exception. But it may be his reason for following the reformed path on an otherwise good ministry, though it was a position that he actually repudiated in his actions, as he believed firmly in aggressive evangelism.

Archived