Online Baptist
Login or register to remove these ads. Registration is free.
  • Welcome Guest

Tired of all the fighting that goes on in facebook groups? Are you ready for a community where you can talk about things of God and the Bible without getting branded a heretic? Well, we are glad you found us. Why don't you give us a try and see how friendly and different we are. - BroMatt

Greetings Fellow Baptists,

My name is Diarmaid Murphy. I am a 30yr old Irish guy from Co Clare in the West of Ireland. I

live in Dublin though and am a fairly new Christian. I was Baptised roughly 2 years ago in

Grosvner Road baptist church and was saved about 6 months before that. I am new to this

online baptist community and am so glad to have found it. I am spending a good deal of time

in Clare at home with my parentsand where they live is a very remote and isolated place called

Mount Shannon (its really nice though!). I have been feeling very cut off from fellowship with other

Christians and after initially having a profound spiritual high have found this last year very tough 

spiritually. I am in serious need of community, fellowship, church, bible edification and most of all

our Lord Jesus Christ in my every actions and moments.

I am so happy that I have found this community and would be really happy to receive and give any

support/ fellowship/ encouragement possible.

Thank you all,

In Christ,

Diarmiad

Please Login or Register for free to remove these ads.

Thanks for your replies people. I guess I'm going to like Online Baptists.

If there are any members from Ireland or have Irish family it would

also be cool to connect even though any person living for God is 

an equal in fellowship..

Oh yeah, this is the church I was baptised in. Some of their sermons are pretty

cool..

http://www.grosvenorbaptist.org/

Thanks for your replies people. I guess I'm going to like Online Baptists.

If there are any members from Ireland or have Irish family it would

also be cool to connect even though any person living for God is 

an equal in fellowship..

Oh yeah, this is the church I was baptised in. Some of their sermons are pretty

cool..

http://www.grosvenorbaptist.org/

I am 3/4 Irish Diarmiad.  My ancestors immigrated to the USA in the 1800's.  According to a cousin who follows genealogy records, I have relatives in Ireland.  Primarily in Dublin and County Mayo.  Welcome aboard!  In about a year, my husband and I will be traveling to Scotland, to help church planter friends of ours with their ministry there.

Welcome My friend I hope OB will feel your needs for fellowship I've found it to be a loving family of brothers and sisters in the Lord whom have shown me love and encouragement many times over.

Praying for you Brother

Loving you with the Love of Jesus in my heart

God bless

In response to your question Miss Daisy Im not sure why it has it so often.

I grew up in a catholic background so I just thought that was usual for 

Baptist churches it being the first and only Baptist church Ive gone to..

Is it different in your church?

Diarmaid

Each Baptist church establishes their own time for the Lord's Supper. Our church has the Lord's Supper once a month, on the first Sunday of the month. Others do so at differing times; some more often, some less.

Diarmaid, I have Irish in my family background as well (if you can't tell by my picture - that is myself and my son).  My great-grandfather Thomas Devlin came over with his family to escape the Great Famine.  I'm of the O'Devlins of County Tyrone on my paternal side.  On the maternal side, I'm of Scotch-Irish descent of the clan McPheters (the spelling my grandmother's family used) immigrating from Northern Ireland as well.  And then there is the McCoy link, also on my maternal grandmother's side (this is the clan McCoy of Hatfield/McCoy fame here in America), also being of Scotch and Irish descent.

We have Lord's supper about once every 3 months. I suppose coming from a Catholic church where the whole mass is just to get to the point of communion every time you go once every other week seems realistic. When I was Catholic, people would stand in line,finally get their communion in their mouth, cross themselves and go right out the door! that's all they came for was the wafer. I thought it very rude, as mass continues for 5-10 more minutes.