• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

1. MurphyMan30

MurphyMan30

• Similar Content

• By Nancy R
      I got saved in 1982 when I was in a crisis. I walked into a Bible church, and talked to the pastor. I got saved that day, and in a few months I moved from TX to WA.  I asked my neighbors about churches, and heard a lot of negative comments about one in particular. This church was described as "legalistic", "fanatical", etc, etc. This sounded interesting! I decided to go. I walked in to morning services on Round up Sunday, and sat under an evangelist named Al Lacy. I was hooked! The people in this church taught me so much. I was baptized and set out to learn all I could in my "new convert zeal". We moved numerous times, courtesy of the USN, always finding another IFB church. We are now retired, back in Texas. I have 3 grown daughters, all making a profession of faith. Working on the grandkids now. I know that I am where the Lord would have me be.
      I am a member of Faith Baptist Church in Teague, TX. Earlier this year, the Pastor was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. We (the men) are looking for a new pastor. Please pray that the Lord will send us the right candidate soon. We are small in number. Please pray also for our pastor.
      The Lord saw me through a career as a RN, after my girls were older. No longer working after a wreck in 2012.
    • By Professor_Physika
      Hello all! Before I tell you all about me, I suppose I should take the time to actually explain why I'm here.
      Over at Glenn Beck's The Blaze website, I have an account (going by the same moniker). Yesterday, another member called TheSword and I got into a little debate pertaining to evolution and the age of the earth and this debate continued on until today. At the end, TheSword was kind enough to invite me to this forum presumedly to become a little more active in religious-based conversations as he/she (rightly) felt this would be a more appropriate venue for that sort of discussion.
      About me: I was raised as a fundamentalist Southern Baptist from birth, seeing as my family has always been quite active in the church. Nothing negative has ever happened to me in church or my family and I love both groups of people for raising me the way they did, but in around February of 2013, after a couple of months of skeptical inquiry, I came to the conclusion that I lacked a belief in any gods. I won't go into the exact detailed reasons I rejected my god belief (I'm sure that'll come later in dedicated threads), but I will say it's something I'm fairly quiet about in my personal life. As far as I know, my family is unaware and only a handful of my friends have I felt comfortable enough to let know. I still live with my parents (I'm pretty young, but I won't give an exact date in the interest of privacy) so I guess you could say I'm waiting until I'm out of their presence to come out and admit I no longer believe in any gods.
      Anyways, that's me! Nothing much special, just a curious guy who likes to have conversations with people so I can understand what they believe and why. I hope to get to know all of you and I hope my presence doesn't serve as a source of discomfort considering I am, in most senses of the word, an outsider.
      Good day all