• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Anyone Remember When

John81

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never thought this would happen in church....I was asked by the youth leader to speak to the children for 10 minutes at the beginning of the service.  It was a Wednesday night and she would have different men of the church give lessons.  I was in the small chapel downstairs, behind the pulpit, so I wore a button down shirt and tie.  When I was done, I went upstairs to Bible study.  I never had so many wierd looks.  I thought I had something on me or my zipper was down.  But after the service I had quite a few people make comments to me about the way I was dressed such as "whats the special occassion?"  "are you lost?"  "who you dressed up for?" and the one that blew my mind..."we don't dress like that on Wednesdays!"..  I wasn't even wearing a suit coat, just a tie.  I never thought I would be too dressed up for church!  I remember when all the men wore ties to church.

That will happen to me, as I need to buy a few ties to wear for teaching at the old folks home. I don't own a tie so when I show up in one the men will joke me a bit. The leader who runs the nursing home ministry asked me to help and I've prayed on it and feel I should do it. I'll have a turn about once a month. 

Archived