• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Anyone Remember When

John81

• Members

Anyone remember when many professions had moral and appearance (most often tied together) guidelines for hiring and maintaining employees?

Today it can be difficult to tell the teacher or nurse from someone who just wondered in the door after waking up in an alley.

Tattoos, often vulgar and/or disgusting showing from various parts of their body. (Which some of those body parts showing with tattoos once weren't acceptable to be showing in these professions either!)

Ears with a half dozen piercings, nose rings, pierced eyebrows, lips and tongues.

Strange hair cuts and styles, sometimes with multiple and odd colors.

Often their speech and word usage mirrors their unkempt dress style and "bad part of town" looks and mannerisms.

This sort of thing has infiltrated churches too. Pastors, deacons, board members and the congregation proudly sporting their tattoos, piercings, odd hair styles and colors, unkempt dress, ghetto or gutter mannerisms. Sometimes these things are even held up as examples of Christian love, outreach, acceptance, growth. The congregation cheers for their pastors new, tiny cross tattoo below his eye inside a teardrop. The youth pastor sports a fancy looking cross tattoo on his forearm and speaks of how it opens doors to sharing the Gospel with younger folks.

Whatever happened to what was once called professionalism? Whatever happened to standards of deportment? Whatever happened to the expectation of certain professions holding to higher qualification standards?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was shocked when I was invited to view an online debate recently on YouTube.  A ROBert Skynner debating with a man that calls himself "Pastor Ace"  Pastor Ace James sports tattoos and an earring in both ears.  Searching for info on him, I came across his google plus page.  There, I find he is a member of the Royal Arch Masons and proudly announces that fact via many pictures.

Guess he never heard that Baphomet is a false god.  smh

• Members

There is a youth pastor in the area who has a partial Mohawk (or whatever it's called; his hair is mostly short but with it being slightly longer down the middle area in Mohawk fashion) with the Mohawk portion some odd shade of coloring. He sports a modernist style goatee, has "Christian tattoos" (ever notice how most often when Christians have cross tattoos they are of an ornate nature, often more in the style of offshoot "christian' groups?) and he dresses not at all like respectable adult, let alone a church representative of Christ.

Several younger women in my family work in hospitals and with Facebook it's easy to learn more about those who work in hospitals. The other day I was looking at some of their Facebook friends that work at the hospital and the sin drenched lives they live really makes me wonder why folks would put their lives in their hands.

• Members

I don't know for certain (not being a predictor of the future or a judge of others actions) but there just may be an abode prepared for blasphemers of this type.  Not saying him personally (since I am not privy to his personal salvation history) but just persons of his ilk.  Stuff like this is bound to turn people from any idea of entertaining any thoughts of Christ as a savior.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

What was once unacceptable in many professions, including the clergy, is today not only accepted but celebrated.

I read something yesterday or earlier today about "smokin' the Holy Ghost", or something to that effect, and the author was calling upon all those in their branch or denomination (don't recall which) to denounce such ungodliness and separate from such.

That was the first I heard of such, and the above video is the second I've heard of it.

• Members

I watched the whole video this afternoon.  It is sickening.  The two clowns on the ends pretty much act the same throughout the video.  Rooster-Combed Rev Matthew encourages it.

The two boys give their testimony of when Jesus "whatcked" them.  The sad things, no truth whatsoever.  The Jesus they encountered is leading them away from the true Jesus.  They have all been deceived by a lying spirit.

One day, fi they don't repent, they will get "whacked" in a manner they are not expecting.

• Members

This is why our pastor continually tells us that when we are talking with someone and they say they believe in Jesus we need to ask them for details. There are many who believe in a false Jesus rather than the biblical Jesus. Many of these folks don't even realize that. Are they believing in some false Jesus that is all love and welcomes everyone into heaven no matter what...one who is a hippy type flower child that just wants everyone to be happy...one who was a good man who became a god...who was simply a prophet...who wants to destroy us all so we better pray to his mommy so she can calm him down...

• Members

Why is it that most of the nurses and assistance at the hospitals are single with children, divorced with children, a high percentage smoke, nearly all of them drink booze and of those virtually all drink for the purpose of getting very drunk, they have foul mouths, dress very immodest, often sport tattoos and multiple piercings?

These are supposed to be healthcare providers and trained experts in this field yet they themselves are living destructive lifestyles.

Unfortunately, the same mentioned above applies to many public school teachers as well. Those with loose morals and destructive lifestyles are the ones entrusted to educate and train children from about 4 years old until they are 18. Then parents wonder why their children go the way of the world, often to the extreme.

I like what one elderly lady in town did after she hired someone to mow her yard. There had been a long spell of rain so mowing could get done. There came a good day of weather on a Sunday and the yard mower man showed up at this ladies house and unloaded his mower from the trailer behind his truck. The little old lady came out the door and asked the man if he knew what day it was. He replied it was Sunday. The little old lady told him "that's right, it's the Lord's day and there won't be any mowing done here on the Lord's Day!" She proceeded to tell him to put that mower back on his trailer and if he couldn't agree to mow her yard only on one of the other six days of the week she wouldn't do business with him. Then she nicely told him why the Lord's Day is important, talked to him about Jesus and told him he was welcome to come to her church.

It's nice when someone takes a stand and refuses to go along with the downward spiral.

• Members

Concerning post #4 -- UTTER BLASPHEMY!!!

You do not "toke" (or, smoke) God the HOLY Spirit, like weed.  Being high on whatever or drunk on alcohol leads to the excesses of fleshly works.  Being filled with the HOLY Spirit of God leads to the fruit of the Spirit and to a transformation of our character "unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ."  The above is not just spiritual foolishness.  It is not just false doctrine.  I say it again -- It is UTTER BLASPHEMY against God the HOLY Spirit!!!

• Moderators

The truly sad thing is, once someone has received a false gospel and conversion, and received a false Jesus, they aremoften taught about the terrible fundamentalists who think the Bible is something to be followed literally, and once they embrace them, its almost impossible to reach them-they have their proof texts and they will fight your 'phariseeism' tooth and nail. Once you remove their reliance upon scripture, you now have no set boundaries upon which to stand.

I have been dealing with a young lady who used to attend my church-it was years back as a teen. She ended up in foster care with a more modern Christian family out of our influence and has been immersed in pentecostalism. She speaks in tongues, has apparently no prOBlem with the 'holy laughter' and spirit drunkeness, slaying in the spirit, and so forth. She has been taught that we can't 'box in' God, that he is so awesome he can do as He pleases and we have no right to judge it. And of course, with this mindset, she rejects anything I tell her about scriptuiral testing and trying and judging. Its very sad. When I tpoke against the laughter thing, she accused me of promoting a sad, depressing Christianity, where we should walk arounf bummed out all the time. "No wonder', she said, "that people don't want to be Christians when we expect them to be sad all the time!". No discernment at all concerning what I was talking about. Yet to her, she has excellent discernment. Such she has been taught. I am praying for her to 'get it', we shall see.  her name is Destinee, if anyone wants to pray for her, as well.

• Moderators

Here's a link to tha insanity that is the toking the spirit-thing:

http://subversiveinfluence.com/2008/12/review-warning-dunn-crowder-toking-the-ghost/

Its a review of a John Crowder/Benjaim Dunn CD called "Toking the Ghost", and while I believe the reviewer is charismatic, even he recommends buying it only to use as a drink coaster, and for the case to use as repair parts for another CD case.

This is what people think Christianity is, today. Its funny-one of the commentors posited the question, whether or not their assumption that the disciples were acting like drunkards on Pentecost might have brought about this weird drug-related Christianity. While another person said, No, I emphatically say, Absolutely! One false doctrine that produces false, wicked activity in the churches of God, will surely bring about worse.

• Administrators

Wow. Such blasphemy! "Toking" the Holy Ghost?  Like He's a drug. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - that just makes me so mad.   :verymad:

I, too, didn't make it past about 45 seconds.  Watching two idiots pretend to be high and attribute it to the Holy Spirit, and listening to someone else pretending to be high and trying to twist scripture into accepting those two as akin to the apostles at Pentecost is just not something I want to do.  Ew...It makes me angry just to type that!!!!!!!  (and yes, I say pretending because they weren't high on anything but their false religion).

I have family who are charismatic. I love them dearly (although I do not love their doctrine), and I do believe they love the Lord.  And you know what?  I think even they would see that and say there was definitely something wrong with those three.  Uke, spot-on that once they fall for this it is much harder to reach them with the truth.

Archived