• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I, Me, My

ThePilgrim

• Members

It seems to me, myself, and I that our glorious leader Barach Hussein OBama has finally gone over the top and is on his way down the slippery slope into total insanity.  Take a look at his latest speech ( as if his latest actions wern't enough) and one can see where his thinking has taken him.  He is totally and dangerously wrapped up in himself.  So wrapped up that it is evident he is about to come unwrapped and totally fall apart. 

It all started when hr contacted that disease we call meitis.  He prOBably came down with it at an early age and because of his education and tutoring by various left wing screwballs it quickly advanced to the stage it is today. 

Now meitis is not especialy dangerous in the ordinary citizen because they do not effect the lives of millions of people.  However when it effects an individual with as much power and influence as a president of the worlds most powerful nation it is extremely dangerous. 

Meitis also comes with danger of developing paranoia, psychopathy, and other pathies which only intensify the dangerousness of the individual that has it.  OBama has them all, I'm afraid.

Here is the evidence:  http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/terence-p-jeffrey/i-me-my-OBama-uses-first-person-singular-199-times-speech-vowing

God bless,

Larry

• Members

I've often pointed out to my wife how this guy constantly refers to himself. While most presidents say something like "my administration...did this or that", rather than saying "I did...this or that", and while most refer to "the state department" rather than "my state department", the current president constantly elevates himself with personal pronouns as if he alone is doing all things he considers good and right.

On the other hand, while most past presidents accept some or all the blame when things go wrong, this president continually says the same old story of not having known about whatever the current scandal is until he heard it on the news. (on a side note, had President Bush said such a thing the media and Dems would have declared him to be "out of touch" or "inept"). Then this president finds some way to blame President Bush, or the Republicans in the House, or some low level government employee who doesn't even have the authority to order paper clips without signed approval.

Totally self absorbed, self-centered, self-righteous.

• Moderators

"Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee."  (Jude 8,9)

I think we need to be very careful in how we speak of and deal with those the Lord has given authority, lest we speak against the ordinances of God. Was Michael being complacent when he didn't bring an accusation against Satan? NO, but he recognized the authority the Lord initially created him with, and instead laid him into God's hands to rebuke and see to.

So also should we do with OBama-if the Lord has placed him where he is as president, 3e surely can speak against the wrongs he commits, but he,himself, should be turned over to the Lord to deal with according to His will. We don't know but that the Lord's ultimate will is being carried out through the seeming wickedness of OBama. The Lord did His will through Samson despite his sin and carnality; He can do so just fine through OBama-we aren't complicit or complacent, we just turn ti to God and keep doing what we are to do.

• Members

I am not Michael the archangel and OBama is not Satan so I am not sure the scriptures apply to this situation.  Also I am not certain that the doctrine of the divine right of kings applies to a U.S. president.

For that matter I am not certain the doctrine ever applied to any tyrant.

If the doctrine applied to King George then this nation is the result of the ungodly act of a rebellious bunch of rabble overthrowing their divinely appointed monarch and his parliament.

And since that was OBviously a wrong that should be corrected maybe we should throw out the government in Washington because we are rightfully the subjects of the queen of England. 

God bless,

Lonnie

• Members

Here is a verse to think about

Daniel 4:17 This matter [is] by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

OBama fits the "basest of men" more than any other.

• Moderators

I am not Michael the archangel and OBama is not Satan so I am not sure the scriptures apply to this situation.  Also I am not certain that the doctrine of the divine right of kings applies to a U.S. president.

For that matter I am not certain the doctrine ever applied to any tyrant.

If the doctrine applied to King George then this nation is the result of the ungodly act of a rebellious bunch of rabble overthrowing their divinely appointed monarch and his parliament.

And since that was OBviously a wrong that should be corrected maybe we should throw out the government in Washington because we are rightfully the subjects of the queen of England. 

God bless,

Lonnie

However, the context of the verses fits the application.

Again, its not about following lawbreakers, or even about speaking against what they do, its how we speak against the one the Lord has put into place. Even the Lord approved of 10 of the 12 tribes separating from Judah due to their sin, but Solomon was still king by God's hand and deserved the respect to the authority God gave him and allowed him to keep. When we left England's rule, the king was still the king, just not ours. My point is how we speak about him.

• Members

As we are told in First Timothy 2, we need to be in prayer for our leaders. One thing that can aid us in our prayers is knowing about our leaders. Whether or good or bad things, knowing certain things can help guide our prayers.

If, for instance, we simply went by BOs claim to be a Christian we might never pray for his salvation. However, knowing the other things he's said (such as that Islam and other religions worship the same God and lead to the same heaven; and that Jesus ISN'T the only way) combined with what we know of his clearly unrighteous fruits, we know to pray for his salvation.

Indeed, as a lost sinner we can't rightly expect better from him. At the same time, the fact that he was voted into office not once, but twice, should also help guide our prayers when it comes to other leaders, voters and the nation in general.

As First Timothy 2 also tells us to be in prayer for ALL men.

• Members

The founding father of this nation plotted and carried out a rebellion against their king without speaking harsh words.  I don't think so. 

Christians hold them out as being great men of honor.  How can this be so if the king of England was their God appointed sovereign?

A prophet of God gave a message that the ten tribes would rebel.  Who was the prophet who gave the founding fathers the okay to rebel?

I don't ask these questions to be argumentative, I just don't understand how rebellion is okay against some rulers but not all.

God bless,

Larry

I don't believe God installed OBama as president. I believe God presented choices and America chose either through compliance or corrOBoration.

There were other choices and some thought they were more appealing than "the basest of men" available.

My allegiance is to the constitution not to those put in place to serve the nation, we the people. We the United States, approved the constitution and elected men to carry out the tenets of that document. OBama is a poor public servant. I pray for his salvation every day. Next time don't waste your vote on an unfounded perception.

I'll be straight forward, the next time God presents you with a heathen like Romney to carry out his will, consider voting for him.

• Members

Scripture says it's God who establishes and removes leaders. Scripture says we are to submit to leaders with no loophole to disOBey evil leaders or leaders we don't like or disagree with. The only time Scripture gives allowance to disOBey a leader is when they order us to directly violate a command of God. In such a case we are to be ready and willing to accept the consequences for OBeying God rather than men.

This is why Scripture tells us to pray for our leaders in such a way that we may be able to live in peace in the land, able to freely live for Christ. That should be great incentive to pray fervently and diligently, but unfortunately it isn't; especially in America where most Christians believe they have a special right or entitlement.

• Members

My allegiance is to the constitution not to those put in place to serve the nation, we the people. We the United States, approved the constitution and elected men to carry out the tenets of that document.

A good point.  The U.S. chose by the framing of the Constitution to be a nation ruled by law and not men.  Men are elected to carry out the those things that are allowed by the Constitution and nothing more.  When those who are elected to serve for a limited time refuse to OBey the stipulations in the Constitution they are no longer legitimate and are to be removed.  If the people who are elected to office refuse to do their duties and will not remove an official who ignores the Constitution they likewise are to be removed because they are either enablers of the one ignoring the Constitution or partners in crime.

When the Constitution is being ignored by a great number of officials and other officials will not do their duty of removing them, then the people have a cure.  The cure is the Declaration of Independence.

The cure is not simple, easy, or painless as we know from reading the history revolutions.  The war of northern aggression is an example of what may happen in this country if things continue on as they are.

Not something I wish to see or something I think is likely.  What I see is a total police state with less freedom than the former Soviet Union.

God bless,

Larry

Archived