• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Son James And Lyme's Disease

• Members

Last night we removed a tick from the back of my sons head and he has the tell tale sign of Lyme's disease a red circle about one inch out from the bite spot.   I would insert a photo but the forum only allows images from an URL.

Please pray for him he has a doctor's appointment today at 1:45pm.

• Members

Oh, man!  Will be praying. Lyme's is some serious stuff.  

Goldenseal will help clean the blood...

yes it is I got it last year.  I was bit in May had a large red spot that was a little larger than an old silver dollar around the bite.  I didn't think anything of it and I went on with life. By the end of August I couldn't barely walk, stand and work without extreme pain over my whole body.  Then I kept coming up negative for Lyme's and arthritis.  So on my Short term mission trip last OctOBer 29 - November 30 I self medicated because you can get medications without prescriptions in So East Asian Countries.  When I finished the recommended meds I was fine, no more pain.

• Administrators

Wow!  I'm glad you're doing better.  Goldenseal is a really good natural anti-biotic that cleanses the blood. I've never known anyone who used it for Lyme's, but I figure it couldn't hurt...too bad you don't still have some of those medications you used!

• Members

I self medicated because you can get medications without prescriptions in So East Asian Countries.  When I finished the recommended meds I was fine, no more pain.

Crazy thing is that although the tests aren't diagnostic, the antibiotics aren't expensive anyway (so I've heard).

So whereas in the UK the doctors will put people through test after test and delay until well after symptoms have started (insodoing reducing the chance the antibiotics will work!), in Germany if a person says they saw the tell-tale bite mark then the doc will give them a course of antibiotics anyway, just in case.

• Members

They started James on 500mg Amoxicillian twice a day for 10 days.  And took out a large vial of blood.  the nurse said he did better than most big people do.  He barely cried but it was uncomfortable for him.

Thank you for all your prayers.  One thing we can all agree on is God answers prayer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived