Online Baptist Community

My Son James And Lyme's Disease

Rate this topic

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Last night we removed a tick from the back of my sons head and he has the tell tale sign of Lyme's disease a red circle about one inch out from the bite spot.   I would insert a photo but the forum only allows images from an URL.

Please pray for him he has a doctor's appointment today at 1:45pm.

Oh, man!  Will be praying. Lyme's is some serious stuff.  

Goldenseal will help clean the blood...

yes it is I got it last year.  I was bit in May had a large red spot that was a little larger than an old silver dollar around the bite.  I didn't think anything of it and I went on with life. By the end of August I couldn't barely walk, stand and work without extreme pain over my whole body.  Then I kept coming up negative for Lyme's and arthritis.  So on my Short term mission trip last OctOBer 29 - November 30 I self medicated because you can get medications without prescriptions in So East Asian Countries.  When I finished the recommended meds I was fine, no more pain.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever

• Advanced Member

I self medicated because you can get medications without prescriptions in So East Asian Countries.  When I finished the recommended meds I was fine, no more pain.

Crazy thing is that although the tests aren't diagnostic, the antibiotics aren't expensive anyway (so I've heard).

So whereas in the UK the doctors will put people through test after test and delay until well after symptoms have started (insodoing reducing the chance the antibiotics will work!), in Germany if a person says they saw the tell-tale bite mark then the doc will give them a course of antibiotics anyway, just in case.

James test did come back negative but the doctor says he is doubtful it is correct as the ring is as he said "sure fire proof".  He still wants him to go through the 10 days of Amoxicillian.

Thanks for all your prayers.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever

• 2 weeks later...

James test did come back negative but the doctor says he is doubtful it is correct as the ring is as he said "sure fire proof".  He still wants him to go through the 10 days of Amoxicillian.

Thanks for all your prayers.

AV, is he doing any better?

AV, is he doing any better?

yes, and while at the doctor Monday he found another tick but apparently it had not been on him long.  It was not a dear tick but a regular dog tick.

Thanks