• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Philemon

• Members

John 19

19  And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.

20  This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin.

The Bible I read says Hebrew, Greek, and Latin.........

funny that - the local language, the common language, and the official Roman language.

• Members

John 19

19  And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.

20  This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin.

The Bible I read says Hebrew, Greek, and Latin.........

funny that - the local language, the common language, and the official Roman language.

Yes my bible says that as well.

• Members

First the text being preached from is read, then comes the preaching.

The only church I went to where there is no preaching was the French Huguenot church in London.  It was a lunchtime service.  They read from the Law, in French, then English, the Psalms in French, then English, the Gospels in French, then English, then the epistles in French, then English.  Then they had lunch, during which they discussed a Huguenot exhibition which was coming up at the London Museum.  One of the exhibits was going to be a bible that was charred due to being thrown in an oven to save if during a raid by the king's soldiers.  

• Members

The only church I went to where there is no preaching was the French Huguenot church in London.  It was a lunchtime service.  They read from the Law, in French, then English, the Psalms in French, then English, the Gospels in French, then English, then the epistles in French, then English.  Then they had lunch, during which they discussed a Huguenot exhibition which was coming up at the London Museum.  One of the exhibits was going to be a bible that was charred due to being thrown in an oven to save if during a raid by the king's soldiers.  

There is another group that calls themselves "the church of where ever city they are in" and one at a time people get up and read a bible verse or two then the next will do the same, and that is all their coming together consist of.  So when he said "they read" I thought maybe it was one of those type churches that just read some scriptures and no preaching. 

Archived