• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

No Preacher Needed?

Ukulelemike

• Members

So, what does one do when the Church doesn't want you and you can't afford to move?

1 Thessalonians 4:11

Psalms 141:5

There is a lack of a correct heart condition within the church today. I think these 2 verses tell what you should do and how you should feel about the preaching as a member.

• Members

This is only my own experience here, but the Lord has always led me to a church, even an imperfect church, so I've never long had to be without a church to attend.

Thus far in cases where the Lord has led me to attend a church I wouldn't/couldn't be a member of, it's turned out to be short term until the Lord opened a door to a better church through some means.

• Members

If a person is in an area where there is no sound church, would it be proper for them to save their normal tithe/offering money to use for moving expenses one day to eventually move to an area where there is a sound church? Also, if a church is not willing to assist someone to move to an area where there is a sound church, or help them start a church in their area, do they have a right to complain to the people who are not in a sound church since there is none in their area?

• Members

In matters of money, including giving, I take that all directly to the Lord in prayer and He's never failed to direct me. So in a situation like above, that's what I would do, talk to the Lord and do as He says.

Churches that are unwilling to help the brethren (to the best they are able) should be quiet about matters they could help in but refuse to.

Our church has helped a few folks relocate nearby. In some cases the help was in the form of providing some temporary lodging, providing a weeks worth of groceries, gas money, help with getting utilities hooked up, help with the moving.

• Members

1 Thessalonians 4:11

Psalms 141:5

There is a lack of a correct heart condition within the church today. I think these 2 verses tell what you should do and how you should feel about the preaching as a member.

There is only one Church in our area that preaches from the KJV. They kicked me and my wife out nearly a year ago.

We will not sit under the authority of preachers who use modern versions. We remain IFB, but we listen to sermons at home.

Some issues are not worth separating over. For example, both who believe in tithing or giving what God has laid on our hearts believe that we should support our local church financially. I don't think a difference in this doctrine should cause divisions in the church.

• Members

Rom_10:14  How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Should answer the original question.

The 12 apostles were annonted by the Holy Spirit to teach, preach and spread the Word. During this period many besides the 12 were also annointed to do so and led by the Spirit. We have the Word. It is complete and we are each individually commanded to study the Word to show ourselves approved.

2Ti 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

But we are not to forsake the "assembling of ourselves together"

Heb 10:25  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

The churches today have become a political parties bonded to a fixed building and enslaved by men who have no idea where to find 1Tim 3:2 and Tit 1:7 and we have allowed it by allowing the traditions of men and not God's Word to lead us. We are each and every one accountable for our own understanding of God's Word and our own lives and the way we live them and are not going to be able to blame the "preacher" and his teachings when we one day stand at the judgment seat of Christ to recieve or rewards or lack thereof.

Archived