• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayers Needed For A Job Interview

• Members

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to ask that you all pray for a jOB interview I have for next week Wenesday at 12:30pm.  two main pointes 1) is this really a jOB God wants me at and 2) that I get it if it is God's will for us.

some of you know I since we came off the mission field in Dec2012 I have been on an extended furlough do to my sons special needs. For over the past year I have placed literally over 2000 applications for employment and at my age many employers will not hire.  This is the first interview I have been invited for and that after I received an Email that they already filled the position just two hours earlier.

If this is God's will then I accept it.  I need it for sure but even off the field and loosing most of our support we still never went hungry and all our bills are current.  We are living by faith here just as we were in the field and God is amazingly supplying for us now as he has in the past.

We do plan on going back into the field and we will start the next phase of the ministry there which is a pre-k through 12 Conservative Christian School.

Thanks and blessings

• Members

If it is honest employment NOT in the sin industry then it is written in His Word that it is His Will. They offer it, take it brother.

I have turned down two jOB offers to be teh Executive Chef of two well known restaurants here but they are connected to bar and night clubbing during the last few hours of my duties,.  Many of you now that from a lot of restaurants there is drug dealing and other stuff,  I did not want to put myself into the way of temptation, plus the amount of time would needed to run a clean kitchen takes away from my family.

Sin however is every where.  You can't get away from the Flesh, the wolrd and the Devil except ye resist the devil, resist temptation and resist the world.

One of the temptations in the Building Maintenance Tech field, comes from women who will try and entice.  But that is easy to deal with when you state it like Joseph did. i.e. How could I do this grievous sin against my wife and my God? 

• Moderators

I have turned down two jOB offers to be teh Executive Chef of two well known restaurants here but they are connected to bar and night clubbing during the last few hours of my duties,.  Many of you now that from a lot of restaurants there is drug dealing and other stuff,  I did not want to put myself into the way of temptation, plus the amount of time would needed to run a clean kitchen takes away from my family.

Sin however is every where.  You can't get away from the Flesh, the wolrd and the Devil except ye resist the devil, resist temptation and resist the world.

One of the temptations in the Building Maintenance Tech field, comes from women who will try and entice.  But that is easy to deal with when you state it like Joseph did. i.e. How could I do this grievous sin against my wife and my God? 

I used to tell them, "I have a Rolls Royce in the garage, why would I be interested in a VW?"

• Members

UPDATE

I went to the interview.  It went well but they have more interviews before they make their decision.  If it be God's perfect will for me it will work out on its own as God is in control over the things of his children.

I got a jOB painting an apartment so I made some extra cash this week doing that as well.

Thanks for the prayer and your continued prayers.

Archived