• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The United States Needs A Binary Lesson

1Timothy115

• Members

II Corth 7:14 is a road well worn within the IFB circle; by trying to apply it to our present day.

1. God will not heal the United States of America; which should be evident by the fact that we are very close to the Rapture.

2. God deals with us today as individuals; He dealt with the people of Israel as a nation.

Now if ALL Americans will humble themselves, pray and seek God's face; ONLY then will I change my mind.

• Members

That's true.

Most Christians I hear using that verse seem to think simply reading that verse or using it in a prayer is somehow going to make things get better. That plus it seems to always be "they" or "them" who need to hear that verse and act on it. All too often Christians seem to expect the lost to act according to that verse and make the nation better.

What the verse is calling for is Christians, God's own people, those born again in Christ, (yes, it was originally referring to God's chosen Hebrews, but the principle is in agreement with NT teaching and thus for us too) that we are called, not to something special, not to some great and demanding act, but simply called to live as we should be living.

Laziness and the idea of "instant everything" has infected Christians in America so most want to take the easiest appearing approach. Too much time and effort involved in actually putting off the old man and putting on the Lord Jesus Christ. Easier to proclaim that verse in church, a rally or in a prayer and hope for the best than to actually pursue personal holiness. Who has time to gather with other believers for prayer, accountability, and helping one another to grow in spiritual maturity?

Yes, American Christians know the verse and many love to point to it but few there be who are willing to act upon it.

• Members

II Corth 7:14 is a road well worn within the IFB circle; by trying to apply it to our present day.

1. God will not heal the United States of America; which should be evident by the fact that we are very close to the Rapture.

2. God deals with us today as individuals; He dealt with the people of Israel as a nation.

Now if ALL Americans will humble themselves, pray and seek God's face; ONLY then will I change my mind.

1. Will God heal Christians?

2. There are too many references in prophetic scripture concerning nations for God to not be involved with them

• Members

That's true.

Most Christians I hear using that verse seem to think simply reading that verse or using it in a prayer is somehow going to make things get better. That plus it seems to always be "they" or "them" who need to hear that verse and act on it. All too often Christians seem to expect the lost to act according to that verse and make the nation better.

What the verse is calling for is Christians, God's own people, those born again in Christ, (yes, it was originally referring to God's chosen Hebrews, but the principle is in agreement with NT teaching and thus for us too) that we are called, not to something special, not to some great and demanding act, but simply called to live as we should be living.

Laziness and the idea of "instant everything" has infected Christians in America so most want to take the easiest appearing approach. Too much time and effort involved in actually putting off the old man and putting on the Lord Jesus Christ. Easier to proclaim that verse in church, a rally or in a prayer and hope for the best than to actually pursue personal holiness. Who has time to gather with other believers for prayer, accountability, and helping one another to grow in spiritual maturity?

Yes, American Christians know the verse and many love to point to it but few there be who are willing to act upon it.

That is why it needs to be heard over and over again WITH the call to receive Christ and become a Christian.

• Members

1. Will God heal Christians? Not always; except when we are taken Home.

2. There are too many references in prophetic scripture concerning nations for God to not be involved with them Personally I do not see America in prophetic scripture; although a few do.

• Members

1. 2 Chron. 7:14 can be applied here.

2. I think it would be highly conceited to place the U.S. in prophetic scripture; however, nations are in prophetic scripture. I believe because, "I change not" God continues to deal with nations as he always has; they are either in line with His will, receiving His grace or, they they are out of His will receiving either wrath or allowed to continue toward their own wicked demise. 

Archived