• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Debate Topics

• Members

SFIC, I agree with you regarding the public proclamation of the truth, but the scope of my ministry that God has called me to is Liberty Baptist Church.  Here on this forum, I am free to come and go as I please, and contribute to a conversation or decline from commenting on any given subject.  I have no OBligation either way, no matter how zealously I may hold to my doctrinal positions. 

I can only hope to be a help and blessing to some, instruct others, and possibly shed some light on any topic I may choose to take part in. 

• Members

I will look forward to this idea being implemented.  I have become more of an outside OBserver and rarely participate in most discussions, or if I participate, it is very early in the discussion and then end up not following it anymore once it spirals out of control.  I don't like feeling like I have to place some members of OB on "ignore", but there are a few that never fail to get my blood to boil and I usually no longer visit a topic where they are commenting.  I will suggest some topics I would like to debate in another post.  Right now I need to go to Sunday evening service in 10 minutes.

Bro. Garry

• Members

Another idea, some of the Pastors should debate when a pastor should step down AND when members should move to vote a pastor out. And maybe do the same thing for deacons. How about how many members per deacon? And how many members can a pastor handle until he needs an assistant pastor. 

For the record I love my pastor and hope he is preaching in the pulpit when the rapture occurs. 

• Moderators

When will the debates start? Just curious if any headway is occurring on 'the plan'.

Well, keeping in mind that Bro Matt is an evangelist it might take a while. Besides the idea was just formed (remember, anything that happened 3-5 years ago happened just the other day. Ooops, that's right -- Bro Matt's not as old as me   :D  )

• Members

I come to OB to fellowship and uplift the Name of Jesus our savior and not to argue nor debate I find no love in doing such with my brothers and sisters in the Lord I enjoy having a pastor post good meat to ponder on and to encourage me in my walk with the Lord as long as it is inline with Word of God and from the KJB and I will always thank them for sharing Gods Word with us, but have often seen this turn into debates arguing and often name calling. I've enjoyed post by our brother and sisters and have seen the same things occur with them '' we should all know the difference between being arrogant and showing kindness and love from hearts for one another. if someone post's a thread that is not inline with the word of God or promotes false doctrine and do not used from the KJB or have IFB beliefs they should not be allowed to post it anywhere but the discussion forum (or debate forum)

I believe that a discussion forum (debate forum) will be good for those whom wish discuss the word of God with someone without others posting causing distraction or even arguing to occur. but I have some concerns though.

Sharing some concerns on my mind about the debate form.

Would having a debate forum attract more non IFB to join OB just to debate what they promote on the forum

If someone starts a thread in fellowship and it becomes a debate outside the debate forum, would the mods be able to lock it and post warnings to those whom started the debate or unreasonable arguing with one another as well.

I know a lot of brothers and sisters have the same concerns as I do and many more because they come here to fellowship and to uplift the Lord Jesus and have become weary of the arguing, the debates and arrogance shown by others.

I'm still loving you all with love of Jesus from my heart

Praying

God bless 

• Members

Brother, I am not a moderator, so I speak for myself.  The initial idea for this "debate" format has to do with some very specific teachings that have been batted around the forum for a very long time.  Because of the nature of open forums like this one, it is nearly impossible for two people to have any type of meaningful discussion on these topics because of the myriad of interruptions and rabbit trails.  The idea is for two people to mutually agree to have a rational discussion upon an agreed upon topic without interruption and without time constraints.  Because it is limited to two people, they do not have to worry about trying to "keep pace" with the entire conversation.  They can work at it as they have time. 

I believe this will give the two "debaters" time to really think and compose a good solid response, instead of just "firing from the hip" as they try to keep up with a conversation with unlimited people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Brother, I am not a moderator, so I speak for myself.  The initial idea for this "debate" format has to do with some very specific teachings that have been batted around the forum for a very long time.  Because of the nature of open forums like this one, it is nearly impossible for two people to have any type of meaningful discussion on these topics because of the myriad of interruptions and rabbit trails.  The idea is for two people to mutually agree to have a rational discussion upon an agreed upon topic without interruption and without time constraints.  Because it is limited to two people, they do not have to worry about trying to "keep pace" with the entire conversation.  They can work at it as they have time. 

I believe this will give the two "debaters" time to really think and compose a good solid response, instead of just "firing from the hip" as they try to keep up with a conversation with unlimited people.

I agree pastor steve it will also give those whom want to learn Gods Word and His Truths a chance to learn and God willing some will turn to Jesus

God bless 

• Members

Ok, from the new thread, "And So It's Begun . . .," I have noticed the need for a password in order to enter and engage in the new forum.  OBviously, since I am the one who initiated this new "program," I will be seeking for a password.

I would also request any further information that might be shared concerning the "rules and regulations" of the forum.  Will it be publicly OBservable?  Will it be restricted to a certain number of total postings, or to a certain number of postings per period of time, or to a certain number of contributors per thread discussion?  Will each "engagement" on a given subject require specific permission for the give contributors and for the given subject of the discussion?  Etc.?

• Administrators

Ok, from the new thread, "And So It's Begun . . .," I have noticed the need for a password in order to enter and engage in the new forum.  OBviously, since I am the one who initiated this new "program," I will be seeking for a password.

I would also request any further information that might be shared concerning the "rules and regulations" of the forum.  Will it be publicly OBservable?  Will it be restricted to a certain number of total postings, or to a certain number of postings per period of time, or to a certain number of contributors per thread discussion?  Will each "engagement" on a given subject require specific permission for the give contributors and for the given subject of the discussion?  Etc.?

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but that's the new ladies' forum.   :coverlaugh:    And, well, you just don't qualify.  :nuts:

BroMatt is working on the other and will give all pertinent information when it's done.   :clap:

• Members

Well I have a request.....

If we can't access it (and I don't want to ;) ), can we have it made so that it doesn't show the unread posts symbol please? Just for us you understand. It still shows for those with access.

It is just my CDO* is acting up over it. It shows unread posts and there is nothing I can do about it.

( * - CDO is like OCD, but the letters are in the right order...... :lol: )