• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Is Life After Death...

The Glory Land

• Members

Even Christians forget sometimes that for God to be just, 'unjust' things (to the world) need to occur.

For God to reward his children with being in his presence forever, there has to be the opposite of everything

that he blesses his children with. For his children's 'happiness', there has to be for those who are not his children,

'sadness', in the most extreme way. We will be enjoying 'bliss', they, Hell forever. We, perfect health, they extreme

pain and agony. Us, the new heaven and the new earth in perfection forever, they darkness and loneliness to the

extreme in a literal burning lake of fire.

It just goes to say, with our salvation, there had to be punishment for those who 'deny' the truth of God, who is our salvation.

It is very eye opening sometimes to 'realize' the cause and effect of eternal decisions.

• Members

In this life we have many choices to make but the most important choice we have to make is where we will spend eternity those who choose to live a sinful life and do not believe in the Lord Jesus is the non believer,  if the non believer does not repent and trust in Jesus as their savior they will spend eternity in Hell (life after death )

I pray that all would trust in Jesus as their savior and spend eternity in heaven with Him 

to answer the question : Luke 16:19-31  

• Members

Would you care to support that with scripture?

1 Corinthians 2:9,10 - is a good start, as well as a multitude of other verses throughout the Bible.

Do you not agree with my assessment?

If you do, why not?

We may differ as to 'who' the verses are talking to, but not 'what' is being talked 'about'.

There is going to be a new heaven and earth. I know you know that.

There is a burning lake of fire, I know you know that.

Aren't those things the opposite of what God's children are gonna get?

• Members

1 Corinthians 2:9,10 - is a good start, as well as a multitude of other verses throughout the Bible.
Do you not agree with my assessment?
If you do, why not?

We may differ as to 'who' the verses are talking to, but not 'what' is being talked 'about'.

There is going to be a new heaven and earth. I know you know that.
There is a burning lake of fire, I know you know that.
Aren't those things the opposite of what God's children are gonna get?

I merely want to see your basic argument - that any good is only possible if there is equal opposite - supported by Scripture.

• Members

I merely want to see your basic argument - that any good is only possible if there is equal opposite - supported by Scripture.

Oh. Okay. I guess it is more of a conglomeration of verses and what they say, rather than a 'cut and dried' kinda thing.

I don't think it's a 'yin yang' type of teaching, if that's where you are going. I don't believe that way.

I just 'get' from scripture that God will bless his own, and since the dead who are lost are not his, that he curses them as much as he blesses

the dead in Christ.

And to the world, God could not be that unjust.

• Moderators

Oh. Okay. I guess it is more of a conglomeration of verses and what they say, rather than a 'cut and dried' kinda thing.

I don't think it's a 'yin yang' type of teaching, if that's where you are going. I don't believe that way.

I just 'get' from scripture that God will bless his own, and since the dead who are lost are not his, that he curses them as much as he blesses

the dead in Christ.

And to the world, God could not be that unjust.

Interestingly, the world rejects the idea that God will punish anyone for eternity, and yet many of those who reject it support the very yin and yang theory you mention-on the one hand they believe in the equal opposites, but on the other, they reject the eternal practicability of it. Especially as applies to themselves, because usually those who hold to such thigs consider themselves to be the white side, not the black.

• Members

I will kindly put it this way. If there is no place called Hell, then why need a Heaven? For no one would suffer. If you did not drink water H2O you will Shirley die. Well not really.

Ah...I think I finally understand your question. If I'm correct, you are wondering what you would say to a person who doesn't believe that there is any life after death...they only think you die and cease to exist?

This may not be the answer you're looking for, but you answer them with God's word without getting caught up in "proving" God exists, that heaven and hell are real, or any other debate they might try to get into with you. Of course you have to interact with them to a degree, but you always answer their questions with God's word. It's the Holy Spirit's jOB to take God's word and convict them...not our own words of wisdom.

You give them God's word; they may not respond to it at the time you're speaking to them...they may never respond to it...but you give them God's word and let the Holy Spirit do his jOB.

John 16:7-11

7   Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8   And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9   Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10   Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11   Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Nature proves there is a God, but they are blind to it. How do you prove there's a God? You show them in God's word. How do you prove there's a heaven and a hell? You show them in God's word. 

And try to incorporate the 3 areas that the Holy Spirit reproves of (in the above verses)...sin, righteousness, and judgment. If you can (and they haven't already stopped the conversation), tell them about sin and its cost, tell them about righteousness through Christ alone, and warn them of judgment to come. Then allow the Holy Spirit to "prove" it to them.

• Members

Ah...I think I finally understand your question. If I'm correct, you are wondering what you would say to a person who doesn't believe that there is any life after death...they only think you die and cease to exist?

This may not be the answer you're looking for, but you answer them with God's word without getting caught up in "proving" God exists, that heaven and hell are real, or any other debate they might try to get into with you. Of course you have to interact with them to a degree, but you always answer their questions with God's word. It's the Holy Spirit's jOB to take God's word and convict them...not our own words of wisdom.

You give them God's word; they may not respond to it at the time you're speaking to them...they may never respond to it...but you give them God's word and let the Holy Spirit do his jOB.

John 16:7-11

7   Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8   And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9   Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10   Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11   Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Nature proves there is a God, but they are blind to it. How do you prove there's a God? You show them in God's word. How do you prove there's a heaven and a hell? You show them in God's word. 

And try to incorporate the 3 areas that the Holy Spirit reproves of (in the above verses)...sin, righteousness, and judgment. If you can (and they haven't already stopped the conversation), tell them about sin and its cost, tell them about righteousness through Christ alone, and warn them of judgment to come. Then allow the Holy Spirit to "prove" it to them.

think you're on to something here brother it's taken about ten cups of coffee for me but I think you're right

Archived