• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Brothers And Sisters

John81

• Members

Let us rejoice and be glad that we are born again in Christ, we are eternally family. We will forever live together with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, serving and worshipping Him as one.

I'm thankful for my brothers and sisters in Christ here who share their joy and sorrow, their questions and their understanding, their heart and their soul.

• Members

Thank you brother John for this post it's one that truly brings joy to your heart

Real fellowship Can't be debated nor argued about 

thank you

God bless

Praising our Lord and savior " Jesus "

• Members

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." John 13:34-35

• Administrators

I heard a sermon once on that verse, John, that pointed out something very interesting to me (I'm a word person, so I love seeing things like this):

Jesus said men shall know we are His disciples if we have love one to another.  Not for another. We can love someone and yet nOBody would ever know, because our actions don't show it.  The preposition to indicates action - we show our love to other Christians and that is how all men will know we are His.  Showing is a lot more than saying it, or hugging, etc.  It's an action that flows from us because we are His disciples.  One to another.  

• Moderators

I heard a sermon once on that verse, John, that pointed out something very interesting to me (I'm a word person, so I love seeing things like this):

Jesus said men shall know we are His disciples if we have love one to another.  Not for another. We can love someone and yet nOBody would ever know, because our actions don't show it.  The preposition to indicates action - we show our love to other Christians and that is how all men will know we are His.  Showing is a lot more than saying it, or hugging, etc.  It's an action that flows from us because we are His disciples.  One to another.  

That's why we find James 2:16  And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 

and 1Jn 3:17  But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? 

(used in my message "Constipated Christians")

• Members

Got to keep this going brother John every member needs to post '' how great it is to see this love being shared.

It's the desire in my heart to share this love by showing kindness , caring , compassion, helping, giving, praying, joy,and peace to all my brothers and sisters in the Lord Jesus

loving you all

God bless 

Giving all Praise and Glory to the Name of Jesus our Lord and Savior

Archived