• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Vacation Bible School......2 Saved!

paid4

• Members

We had 2 teenage girls to get saved tonight.

Please pray for their freedom to attend services and to get baptized.

Pray for their growth and walk with God as well.

• Members

Praise God! Thank you for sharing this wonderful report.

A youth leader from another church a couple years ago asked our associate pastor why we continue to have VBS. He said he was thinking of eliminating it from his church because he wasn't seeing that VBS was actually drawing new adults into their church. He further stated that he had tried to see if there had ever been clear church growth through the VBS program and he couldn't find any. For these reasons, he believed VBS was a waste of time.

Our associate pastor said he didn't look at VBS as a means of church growth or something which would always show instant success. He said he viewed VBS as a long term project and a means of getting the Gospel to children who otherwise might never set foot in a church. Through the children, there is also the possibility of the Gospel being spread to their parents and other family members.

At the very least, many children are hearing the Gospel. For many children, they will attend VBS nearly every year they are eligible. That's a means of them hearing the Gospel at least yearly and during different stages of their growing years. Seeds of God's truth are being planted and watered.

Praise God there are times when some are saved right then and there! Praise God also for all those who will be harvested later in life from the seeds planted in VBS.

Oh, that youth pastor is no longer at that church. He's moved on to a more "modern" church in another State. His former church, as well as ours, continues to have VBS, planting the seed, watering the seed, reaping a harvest at times, preparing young hearts to be harvested later.

• Members

I miss the youth ministry but when growing older and health prOBlems took over God lead me to other ministries 

It's a wonderful blessing every time that I hear of a youth trusting in Jesus as their savior and a blessing to know that they are still those in the ministry whom have a special love in their hearts for these children leading them in the right direction to trust in Jesus as their savior.

Lord use this youth ministry to plant the seed of discipleship in the hearts of these two youth and many more lord to go out into this world sharing the gospel unto those whom are lost. Lord may thy will be done.

Praising the Lord Jesus alone with all the host of heaven

God bless 

• Members

I miss the youth ministry but when growing older and health prOBlems took over God lead me to other ministries 

It's a wonderful blessing every time that I hear of a youth trusting in Jesus as their savior and a blessing to know that they are still those in the ministry whom have a special love in their hearts for these children leading them in the right direction to trust in Jesus as their savior.

Lord use this youth ministry to plant the seed of discipleship in the hearts of these two youth and many more lord to go out into this world sharing the gospel unto those whom are lost. Lord may thy will be done.

Praising the Lord Jesus alone with all the host of heaven

God bless 

Praise the Lord!!!!!!!

Thank you for the report...praise the Lord!

Wonderful news!

Praise the Lord!

That's what it is all about. ;)

VBS update.

We had one more teenage girl get saved tonight!!!!

I'm starting to sense a ministry brewing here. That's 3 girls from broken homes in the past 2 days.

Pray for ministry growth as well as the growth of the ones just saved.

Hoping for baptism service on the 29th..

One more night of VBS. Pray the Lord will give us some more souls to end the week.

Thanks for all your support.

• Members

We are planning a vbs.

We need to use these ways to reach into our communities - it is the Great Commission.

Any God honouring methods we can use, we should use.

Praise God again - prayer continues for this ministry brother.

• Members

VBS update.

We had one more teenage girl get saved tonight!!!!

I'm starting to sense a ministry brewing here. That's 3 girls from broken homes in the past 2 days.

Pray for ministry growth as well as the growth of the ones just saved.

Hoping for baptism service on the 29th..

One more night of VBS. Pray the Lord will give us some more souls to end the week.

Thanks for all your support.

Thank you for sharing, praying

• Members

Glory to God!

The past several years we've expanded our VBS from the traditional age 3 to 6th grade to include those in 7th and 8th grade. Those in jr. high have their own separate stuff and the regular VBS curriculum is either modified for them or our associate pastor creates his own. Our associate pastor leads the jr. high group in VBS hoping to help them transition from childhood into their teens and have a more solid understanding of the Gospel and Christian living as they approach their high school years.

This has actually be successful and drawn a larger than expected number of jr. high youth to our VBS. So much so that we added another man to help our associate pastor. That man also leads our churches jr. high youth group and that youth group has grown, in part, due to our jr. high VBS.

Children and youth are coming to Christ and growing in Christ.

Archived