• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

God Ever Answer Your Prayer Like This?

• Members

I was going through a really depressing time years ago.

Up from 'no where', I felt the Lord wanted me to leave the company I worked for and start my own business. I was a carpenter.

I gave notice only after I had accrued weeks worth of work lined up to be done. Well, within about the first week, the rest of the work was

cancelled.

There I was, a self proclaimed, self employed, loser.

Life was a let down to say the least, and there I was, a husband, a father, and the one to bring in the 'bucks'...unemployed.

I was not in a very good mood one early morn, when in prayer (vehemently arguing, mind you) with the Lord, stated the following:

"...if what you wanted me to do is what you wanted me to do, show me an angel!"

I know, that was not very Christian of a child of God to demand of the Lord God and Creator of all the earth such a silly thing, and I was a few years younger then...

Yet, strange as it may seem, it answered the need of my heart, to open up and talk to God in true emotions.

Since my car was broke down, I had a loaner from my parents, my Mom's car.

Well, I kissed my wife goodbye and off to look for work I went. Out the drive, up the hill in front of our house, and SLAM!

Head on collision. 

Sort of.

When the glass, and sounds of crunch dissipated, there I sat, spider webbed windshield, no glasses on, my bible in the floorboard.

Silence for a fraction of a second, then the crunch, and the sound of dragging metal on pavement.

The pickup truck that hit me rode up and over the cars hood and roof I was in. Crushing the windshield, and flying over me, and slammed into the pavement and skidded down the road, ending up in front of our driveway. My wife seeing the whole thing from the front window.

After getting my wits about me, I climbed out the drivers window, which had shattered in the impact, and I ran down yelling to the truck driver if he were okay.

He climbed out the drivers door, it being faced up in the air, the truck landed on the passenger side of the vehicle.

The roadway was a mess, and my wife called the Sheriff to come out, her not really seeing all the damage done to my vehicle, yet.

The Sheriff came and was amazed both of us were alive, after seeing the accident scene. Yet we were both unhurt, (till later feeling the end result of our journey)

God is good. I got a wake up 'call', and my Mom got a new vehicle.

But that's not the end of the story.

Later on after my wife seeing the 'damage done' on the car I was in and her crying for the fear of my possible death, I was meditating on the whole situation;

walking out in the front yard and looking at the marks in the road and glittering glass in the edges of the grass, it was then that I noticed something.

Something wonderful to me.

Like I stated at the beginning of the accident - "head on collision", what I saw before impact, was the front nose of a truck heading straight into me.

The scene after it all settled, was the car I was in had a crushed front left nose, with deeply cut gouges all up the hood, on the left side, and the left front tire was destroyed, along with the drivers side mirror, and the whole left side of the car was mangled.

I say that to say this - as I stood in my front yard looking at the road, there were two scrape marks in the pavement which continued into and pushed my grass bare to the mud for about 10 inches, where 'something' pushed my car 90 degrees straight up into my yard - impossible, for the vehicle that hit me was travelling at 60 mph (as per the drivers own testimony).

I believe God showed me my hearts request.

An angel.

• Members

An amazing testimony!

While I've never prayed for the Lord to show me an angel, I do believe we were protected by an angel from the Lord.

Our car began spinning sideways in deep snow on a highway. There was nothing I could do to get the car under control, and I said "We're in trouble" and just as we were about to shoot off the highway down a steep embankment that ended in water, our car "impossibly" came to an instant halt on that very slick road just as the nose of our car was about to leave the highway.

Praise God for His protection!

• 3 months later...

Archived