• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Vatican Makes History...

• Members

I think this particular one is sincerely for peace.  But it is a truth that Catholicism has always absorbed beliefs into itself.  In order for a one-world church to emerge, major religions are going to have to find common ground and join hands.  Of course, true Christianity won't have anything to do with it, but Catholicism, Judaism, and Islam are three of the majors in the world today.

I really think he is for peace, too, HC.  I always believed that John Paul II was for peace, as well.  Many people are calling Francis the False Prophet, but I don't believe that is the case.  They are going along with the prophecies of Malachi Martin.  Martin talked about visions and dreams, and that is totally un-biblical in this age.  I believe he talked about the 112 pope being the Anti-christ.  It sounds much like Nostradamus to me.

I believe the Anti-christ will have knowledge of all world religions.  The unsaved world will fall for his talks of peace, for the first 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation.  He will have to really fool the Jews, as well.  I am more prone to believe that the Anti-christ will come out of Economic Babylon, which I believe is the USA.  I don't think it is a coincidence that the USA is never mentioned in Biblical prophecy when every other nation is.  Maybe, I am reading between the lines.  :)  However, the Anti-Christ will have to fool the Jews.  I have been hearing about a Syrian/Jordanian Jew for years.  I have a Facebook friend who is saved.  She was saved out of the RCC, but she spent much time in the Greek Orthodox "church" as her deceased husband's family was from Greece.  She spent every summer in Greece for 33 years.  She has a lot of knowledge on the Syrians.  She listened to their call to prayers, daily while living in Greece and also associated with them when they would come to Greece.  

Could a pope be the False Prophet and the Anti-christ a mix between Judaism and Islam?  I dunno.  Some people are also talking about two Anti-christ's (one being from the earth (a future pope) and the other being from the sea.  Has anyone heard this before?  I just don't know what to think.   

• Administrators

The Bible specifically refers to one Anti-Christ, but several anti-Christs.  I don't think there's going to be one from the land and one from the sea.

Personally, I believe that the pope (whichever one is extant at the time) will be the false prophet.  It will be someone people will listen to when he makes pronunciations from the Anti-Christ.  I think the Anti-Christ himself will be someone who is in politics somehow - prOBably not well known, but rising.  I also believe he'll either have Hebrew blood or will be able to "prove" he does.  I - and this is just my opinion - don't believe the Jews will accept him otherwise. Daniel indicates that he'll have links to Rome and Greece, too.  In this day, with so many people able to trace their genealogy, and with the criss-cross of lineage, I can see how there will be a Heinz 57 mix.

• Members

The Bible specifically refers to one Anti-Christ, but several anti-Christs.  I don't think there's going to be one from the land and one from the sea.

Personally, I believe that the pope (whichever one is extant at the time) will be the false prophet.  It will be someone people will listen to when he makes pronunciations from the Anti-Christ.  I think the Anti-Christ himself will be someone who is in politics somehow - prOBably not well known, but rising.  I also believe he'll either have Hebrew blood or will be able to "prove" he does.  I - and this is just my opinion - don't believe the Jews will accept him otherwise. Daniel indicates that he'll have links to Rome and Greece, too.  In this day, with so many people able to trace their genealogy, and with the criss-cross of lineage, I can see how there will be a Heinz 57 mix.

Yes, that is what I have been taught through the Bible.  This whole "one from the land and one from the sea" is traveling around Facebook.  However, it is charismatics saying that, so I do consider the source.

That is what I have come to believe, HC.  Many people believe he will be a political man.  It makes me wonder if he be ruling from the USA, because of how corrupt our political system is. I agree that he will not be well known.  Agreed about the Jews.  The majority of Jews are well aware of the Vatican and the bloody history that goes along with the RCC, in regards to Judaism.  Well, not to mention the Baptists, too.  Thank you for making me aware of what Daniel says about Greece.  I know what it says about Rome, but not Greece.  Yes, that is so true about people being able to trace their genealogy.  We have the Mormon genealogy site and others like it like "Ancestry.com."  The Jews even have a sophisticated site called "Yadvashem."  It is a DNA site.  A person can even find out, through DNA, what kind of illnesses your body will suffer in the future.  That's something I surely do not want to know.  LOL!  What good would it do me anyway?

• Members

Actually it doesn't.  The term vicar simply means representative. It comes from the Latin vicarius and means the same as vice, as in assistant or deputy.  

Vicarious. 1. Made or done insubstitution suffered of done in place of another.

2.  Filling the office or acting as another.

The pope claims he is acting for Christ and goes further saying he is Christ on Earth.

And do you know what anti means?   We usually take it to mean "against", however in Greek it had many more meanings.my dictionary gives the following.

Against; opposed to; opposite to; corresponding to; in return for.; instead of; equal to; like; mutually.

• Administrators

Using those definitions it would virtually mean the same (your vicarious means the same as what I was saying...prOBably because it also comes from the Latin vicarius :icon_smile: ).  We all know he is anti-christ, as in opposed to what Christ actually teaches.

Thanks for the definitions.

• Members

Using those definitions it would virtually mean the same (your vicarious means the same as what I was saying...prOBably because it also comes from the Latin vicarius :icon_smile: ).  We all know he is anti-christ, as in opposed to what Christ actually teaches.

Thanks for the definitions.

The dictionary also gave vicarius as an alternate spelling.

Archived