• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Teen Daughter Is Going To Public School Now...

The Glory Land

• Members

I think you pretend to mistake strong meat with legalism to make yourself feel better about your worldly attitude and living. You don't fool me though brother. You may be the only persistent baby christian I have seen on this site.

Persistent babies are those who are convicted of giving into the flesh continuously but in their hearts know better. You come here to learn and you yearn to grow but your flesh keeps talking yourself out of it when you come here so you fight.

I don't want to fight with you because I can tell you do want to follow to Christ truly or you would avoid this site like the plague. This site has its issues but you will certainly grow more here than any contemporary rock and roll church.

this statement makes no sense, If I didnt want to follow Christ, i would intentionally avoid this place, I live for him and I am here, so how do you explain that?

BTW, and who is avoiding what?? do you ask yourself this question?? who is the one avoiding issues?? 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Jeffrey or his family has ever attended an IFB church on a regular basis. I agree with whoever posted that he'll never get it in his lukewarm, fence-riding church. He may be saved but he's of the world.

For 20 yrs, I have given my "testimony " here before.

• Members

His Signature, his "Resident Liberal" proclamation above his avatar, and his avatar picture of John Calvin shows his OBvious rebellion toward this site and his unwillingness to show respect...or...the humility of one who is truly seeking to "live for the Lord".

So you cant be a liberal and be a IFB?? really?? do you see that in Scripture? Isnt God liberal with His mercy and grace and love?? By the very fact that He saved you, show that He has a liberal side?

• Members

So you cant be a liberal and be a IFB?? really?? do you see that in Scripture? Isnt God liberal with His mercy and grace and love?? By the very fact that He saved you, show that He has a liberal side?

Twist words, misrepresent statements, act all innocent but time and again you show your true colours.
I've seen it all before.....

And still you get away with it.

• Members

How is this incessant back and forth helpful to the OP?

It has nothing to do with the OP John, but when someone blatantly misrepresents someone else's posts for what appears to be deceptive purposes are we just to ignore it?

There has been quite enough of 'people' ignoring such activities - that is why some people have left and some have been made to leave.

If you really want that, be prepared for whoever is left........

• Moderators

[A]: So you cant be a liberal and be a IFB?? really?? do you see that in Scripture? :  Isnt God liberal with His mercy and grace and love?? By the very fact that He saved you, show that He has a liberal side?

In reference to [A] above: Are you claiming yourself to be an IB? Are you claiming that the IB pull out from the SBC wasn't due to a lack of conservatism in those early years? 

If reference to : Are you claiming you don't know the difference in the linguistic usage of "liberal" in viewpoint (politics, theology, etc) and "liberality" in disbursement of possessions, effort,etc.

I don't know if a warning point for "baiting" and "antagonizing" will fly in Bro Matt's opinion -- but if you OBject, appeal to him.

• Members

In reference to [A] above: Are you claiming yourself to be an IB? Are you claiming that the IB pull out from the SBC wasn't due to a lack of conservatism in those early years? 

If reference to : Are you claiming you don't know the difference in the linguistic usage of "liberal" in viewpoint (politics, theology, etc) and "liberality" in disbursement of possessions, effort,etc.

I don't know if a warning point for "baiting" and "antagonizing" will fly in Bro Matt's opinion -- but if you OBject, appeal to him.

It can be both, I have liberal tendacies and conservative tendacies, nOBody is all the same and you are lying to yourself if you think you do!
As for your warning, go ahead! It proves to me what I learned about IFB's after I left; isolationist who hide from the world rather than try and win it for The Lord.

• Moderators

It can be both, I have liberal tendacies and conservative tendacies, nOBody is all the same and you are lying to yourself if you think you do!
As for your warning, go ahead! It proves to me what I learned about IFB's after I left; isolationist who hide from the world rather than try and win it for The Lord.

I'm rather curious how (by any stretch of the imagination) you got that out of the exchange between me and you. Or, for that matter, how you came to that conclusion from any post (or combination thereof) of mine anywhere at anytime.

That conclusion (since it was directed at me) actually has me quite amused -- especially seeing as how only 2 people on OB even know me in real life (and many of my customers would find that quite amusing as well).

• Members

Isolation from isn't the answer, Paul said that if we didn't want to be around sinners we would have to leave the world. Paul also instructed us not to eat or drink with "believers" that we're not living right. There is no way around not being around people of this world. I personally beleive it is a sin to hide from the world rather than engage it.

While I dont think we should ever not engage the culture, are you saying we should not "Be ye separate"? Also the "do you not believe God is sovereign" routine needs to stop. We all agree God is in control of all, at the same time we all have our own choices and thus consequences. Do you say God caused you to sin? I would sure hope not

• Members

Update on my daughter in summer public school, she has straight A's coming out of the christian school. They told her that she needed to take two classes this summer so she can start the new school year. She was affaid the first day, first time going to a public school. 10th grade. She have some new friends now. I believe she will do just fine. She is very excited... :)

• Administrators

Would you say that we were isolated and not trying to win it for the Lord in the case of the two boys drowning?  No, of course you wouldn't.  Stop broadbrushing and attacking IFB, Jeffrey.  And being warned proves that IFB are isolationists and not trying to win the world for the Lord?  That's just silly talk, now.

• Members

this statement makes no sense, If I didnt want to follow Christ, i would intentionally avoid this place, I live for him and I am here, so how do you explain that?

BTW, and who is avoiding what?? do you ask yourself this question?? who is the one avoiding issues?? 

Here is the point you miss on purpose again Jeff:

You come from an environment that has distorted the image of Jesus as a hippy, "mojo risen" liberal with an niv in one hand and a heiniken in the other. That is not the Jesus of God's Word and you absolutely know it in your heart. That is why you come to a forum like this that does worship the True Jesus of the Bible. You fight when you get here because your flesh doesn't want to lose to the Spirit. You keep coming back though and I doubt that you come back just to fight.

• Members

Update on my daughter in summer public school, she has straight A's coming out of the christian school. They told her that she needed to take two classes this summer so she can start the new school year. She was affaid the first day, first time going to a public school. 10th grade. She have some new friends now. I believe she will do just fine. She is very excited... :)

TGL, mark my words brother. You will regret this day the rest of your physical life.

Archived