• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Nick Adams On Guns

1Timothy115

• Members

Oh yeah - fully auto and heavy weapons - extra large caliber and explosive style weapons have never been allowed in Australian public hands in my personal knowledge. As far back as I can remember....... There must have been a time when such things were outlawed, but it was before my time.

And most Aussies don't think much of the US. My circles are prOBably the most sympathetic, and that is still not very.
Ambivalent at best I would say - so not many Aussies think the US will rise again, and even fewer would actually like it if it did happen. :lol:

It is easier for the authorities to get down on crims with guns because almost no - pre has them. ANYONE with a gun in their car is suspect, because no one carries a gun as a matter of course - only if they have a specific purpose.
So yes crims have guns - even the illegal guns - but they have to keep them hidden or get caught for the gun and anything else the police might find.

Maybe it is cultural, maybe other reasons, maybe even gun laws, but we have less gun violations than you guys per capita. It is however impossible to say that any one of those things is the sole reason.

Just as this guy is a moron for claiming that our gun laws have been a failure.....

I'm a retired Navy Chief, I met persons of all cultures, including Aussies. We had training with the Australian Navy and I found them as competent as any of our sailors/ships. I have the utmost respect and feel a greater closeness to Aussies than to any of the Europeans. I could proudly stand with an Aussie in battle anytime. On top of all that...One of my all time favorite movies is The Lighthorsemen; the courage of these men put a lump in my throat every time I see it. I would like to get my hands on a high quality DVD of that movie. The movie is based on a true story about an Australian Light Horse Unit in WW1 near Beersheba.

• Members

I am not actually from convict stock myself....... ;)

I know a couple of churches in Melbourne but not Geelong specifically.

No way, Dave!  I couldn't tell.   :nuts:   Anyway, I love the Aussies.  I have said since OBama has been in office, that the "Land Down Under" is not going to be Down Under very much longer.  Aussies are tough people.  My SIL doesn't take any garbage, and she has always kept her Aussie roots.

• Members

Oh yeah - fully auto and heavy weapons - extra large caliber and explosive style weapons have never been allowed in Australian public hands in my personal knowledge. As far back as I can remember....... There must have been a time when such things were outlawed, but it was before my time.

And most Aussies don't think much of the US. My circles are prOBably the most sympathetic, and that is still not very.
Ambivalent at best I would say - so not many Aussies think the US will rise again, and even fewer would actually like it if it did happen. :lol:

It is easier for the authorities to get down on crims with guns because almost no - pre has them. ANYONE with a gun in their car is suspect, because no one carries a gun as a matter of course - only if they have a specific purpose.
So yes crims have guns - even the illegal guns - but they have to keep them hidden or get caught for the gun and anything else the police might find.

Maybe it is cultural, maybe other reasons, maybe even gun laws, but we have less gun violations than you guys per capita. It is however impossible to say that any one of those things is the sole reason.

Just as this guy is a moron for claiming that our gun laws have been a failure.....

You're blessed that you don't have all the crime that we have here and all the different cultures the gangs and the mOBs or the big city's  though it's not the gun that kills you it's the one who pulls the trigger.

"waiting on the day we'll make plows sheers out of them"

God bess

• Members

I'm a retired Navy Chief, I met persons of all cultures, including Aussies. We had training with the Australian Navy and I found them as competent as any of our sailors/ships. I have the utmost respect and feel a greater closeness to Aussies than to any of the Europeans. I could proudly stand with an Aussie in battle anytime. On top of all that...One of my all time favorite movies is The Lighthorsemen; the courage of these men put a lump in my throat every time I see it. I would like to get my hands on a high quality DVD of that movie. The movie is based on a true story about an Australian Light Horse Unit in WW1 near Beersheba.

At one time my brother's son was going to train for the Australian Navy.  He is in the US Air Force now.  He has chosen a career in the military.

• Members

You're blessed that you don't have all the crime that we have here and all the different cultures the gangs and the mOBs or the big city's though it's not the gun that kills you it's the one who pulls the trigger.
"waiting on the day we'll make plows sheers out of them"
God bess

We still have gang stuff, just not to the level that you guys seem to.....

And I am fully aware that guns do nothing without a goose on the trigger...... ;)

And to the rest of you....... I am of free settler origin through both my parents thank you very much......
True that on my mother's side the free settler was a roaring drunk and not a nice landowner from what we can gather, but it was still his choice to come here...... :lol:
My father's dad came from Wales a little more recently than The convict days.

My mum's dad was a bit of a rat bag, but apart from being discharged from the army during ww2 for getting up to mischief, and some stories he told that prOBably should have put him jail, there is no evidence of CONVICTED felons in the family.... :lol:

• Members

When my dad's Irish ancestors were coming from Ireland to the USA, some of them decided not to make the trip and settle in Australia instead.  They owned lots of land.  However, my family never recovered it, b/c they had to claim it within 7 years.  They found out years later about the crowd that decided to stay in Australia.  Anyway, the crown took it.

Archived