• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do You Know Any White Person Named Jesus?

The Glory Land

• Members

I'm still waiting for someone to name their son Mahershalalhashbaz...

Isaiah 8:1
Moreover the LORD said unto me, Take thee a great roll, and write in it with a man's pen concerning Mahershalalhashbaz.

I can say that one...... :lol:

• Members

When I worked in the inner city, I heard every name imaginable.  Jesus and Judas were among them.  I can't understand why any couple (or parent) would name their child, "Jesus" the Name above all Names.  Also, Judas is questionable, as many people would associate it with the Judas who betrayed Christ.  Also, I have heard the name, Jezebel as well.   :puzzled3:

• Moderators

Well, one of Jesus' brothers names was Judas, and the book of Jude was written by a Judas, so just because one went bad doesn't mean they ALL did.  And as has been pointed out before, naming your child Joshua is really little difference from naming him Jesus, as it is the Hebrew version of the same name.

• Members

Well, one of Jesus' brothers names was Judas, and the book of Jude was written by a Judas, so just because one went bad doesn't mean they ALL did.  And as has been pointed out before, naming your child Joshua is really little difference from naming him Jesus, as it is the Hebrew version of the same name.

Yes, that is so right Ukelelemike.  However, the majority of people hear the name Judas and automatically associate it with the Judas who betrayed Christ not Jesus' brother.

So true about the Hebrew version of Jesus, being Joshua.  I know an Orthodox Jewish man who's Hebrew name is Joshua.  I told him years ago that it is Hebrew for Jesus.  It feel on deaf ears, though.  ;) 

• Members

Judas is the NT Greeks version of Judah.

Noe is Noah, 

Jesus is Joshua.  Speaking of Joshua the writer says.  Heb. 4:8.For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Archived