• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do You Know Any White Person Named Jesus?

The Glory Land

• Moderators

I am always seeing pictures of some white, European, long-haired hippy on Facebook that people are always calling Jesus. They always ask if I'd let him in my house if he knocked and I say, no but I might give him a sandwich and send him on his way.

• Members

Oh my...this reminds me of a joke I heard recently...

Jesus Is Watching You!

Late one night, a burglar broke into a house that he thought was empty. He tiptoed through the living room but suddenly he froze in his tracks when he heard a loud voice say: "Jesus is watching you!"

Silence returned to the house, so the burglar crept forward again. "Jesus is watching you," the voice boomed again.

The burglar stopped dead again. He was frightened. Frantically, he looked all around. In a dark corner, he spotted a bird cage and in the cage was a parrot.

He asked the parrot, "Was that you who said Jesus is watching me?"

"Yes", said the parrot.

The burglar breathed a sigh of relief, then asked the parrot, "What's your name?"

"Moses," said the bird.

"That's a dumb name for a parrot", sneered the burglar. "What idiot named you Moses?"

The parrot replied, "The same idiot who named the Rottweiler Jesus."  :runforhills:

sorry... :11backtotopic:

• Members

When our first son was born, I named him Joshua and a lady at our church, upon hearing this, said "you named him the same as Jesus in the OT". I didn't argue with her but I was  thinking "no, I named him Joshua". If the Lord had wanted the King James translators to call the OT person "Jesus", or the Lord, "Joshua".  I believe it would be in there . No, I don't believe it's right to name your kid "Jesus", I don't care it you do pronounce it 'Hay soos". I think the highly exalted "name which is above every name" is holy and belongs to the King of Glory.

Phil;ippians 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

• Members

When our first son was born, I named him Joshua and lady at our church, upon hearing this said "you named him the same as Jesus in the OT". I didn't argue with her but I was  thinking "no, I named him Joshua". If the Lord had wanted the King James translators to call the OT person "Jesus", i believe it would be in there. No, I don't believe it's right to name your kid "Jesus", I don't care it you do pronounce it 'Hay soos". I think the highly exalted "name which is above every name" is holy and belongs to the King of Glory.

Phil;ippians 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

i agree with you, do you know anyone name Judas?  :umno:

Archived