• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Idea Of A Good Night Out

2T3:16

• Members

Went out soulwinngin/visiting:
(1) some people wouldn't talk at all (guy with black tatoos and no shirt said church people are hypocrites and pointed to a tatoo of a cross and said "this is my religion" and told us to go ... my partner talked to him for a while more)
(2) found a house with old bus riders so the bus captain over that area will get an address with about 5 kids that the mother said used to come ... the mother wrote down the address phone and names of the kids
(3) several dogs running around the middle of the street ... dogs everywhere
(4) spoke with and prayed with some people
(5) I told my parter there is "a spirit" on the street" ... he said "what spirit" (I thought "not the good kind" ... I just said to him "take the dogs for example ... everyone has dogs")
(6) we still had 10 planned minutes after finishing the street and as we were discussing how we were going to spend the next 10 minutes a bicycler comes along and I waved her down with a tract
(7) after about 10 minutes the bicycler trusted Jesus Christ as her Saviour right there in the street ... she warned us that the street we had just finished on was a bad street (it confirmed my thoughts) ... one saved, people talked to/tracts with the gospel given out, "lost" bus riders located ... a "possessed" street got visited with the gospel and prayer, a good night out

• Members

Praise God for planted seeds and a blessed harvest!

Whenever someone says to our pastor the church is full of hypocrites he always tells them "well then, you should fit right in!" Then he goes on to explain that the world is fully of hypocrites yet there they are in midst of them. He then proceeds to point out in biblically sound churches there are actually fewer hypocrites because the members acknowledge their sinfulness and turn to the only help for that, Christ Jesus. Meanwhile the world sins away while claiming to be some form of good.

Our pastor says it much better, goes into more depth, and uses tone and inflection which helps the message make it's points.

Thank you for sharing your soul winning experience! Such are always an encouragement.

• Members

I love what your a pastor says, John.  How true.  I especially like the comment he makes about biblically sound churches. 

I heard a pastor address comments about hypocrites almost the same way, except he says, "Well, the church always needs one more."

Archived