• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Paul Chappell - Renewal That Lasts: 5 After-Conference Tips

RSS Robot

• Members

renewal

In the past three days of Spiritual Leadership Conference, the Lord powerfully and thoroughly renewed many of our hearts. From the preaching to the music to the sessions, it was evident to me that God was doing a work deeper than can be planned or organized. We truly experienced God’s touch on this conference, and I’m thankful for it.

My prayer now is that the work God has been doing will last—that the renewal God has given to so many will be more than a surge of blessing, but the beginning of a continuing flow of God’s renewing power.

How will that happen? After God does something great in your life, what can you do to remain renewed?

1. Spend time alone with God.

Sometimes the pace of a conference leaves us with little time to process what God is doing. It’s a blessing to leave encouraged and challenged, but take time to reflect on and record specifics—verses God gave, changes He convicted of, growth or ministry He laid on your heart.

We talked Tuesday morning about the difference between the front stage and the backstage of our lives—and the importance of both. Don’t make the mistake of leaving this conference thinking only of the effect it will have on your front stage of ministry. Spend time alone with God to clarify and solidify what He’s done in your life the last three days and what He wants you to do going forward.

And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he we
nt
out, and departed i
nt
o a solitary place, and there prayed.—Mark 1:35

2. Write down new goals and action items.

I’ve been praying that every person who attended Spiritual Leadership Conference (and those who watched by live stream as well) would leave with a renewed desire to do something greater for God. No doubt at some point during the last three days God did give you a desire to do more for Him in some area. Write it down.

What did the Lord challenge you in concerning your walk with Him?

How did God expand your vision to reach your community?

What adjustments did you see you need to make?

What is your plan to accomplish these goals?

Write these goals—and corresponding action items—down, and begin implementing them.

Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.—Proverbs 29:18

The sl
ot
hful man roasteth n
ot
that which he took in hu
nt
ing: but the substance of a dilige
nt
man is precious.—Proverbs 12:27

3. Share personally with your spouse and a godly friend.

Sharing the renewing work God has done and is doing in your life furthers that renewal on several levels. It refreshes your spirit to share it. It strengthens a relationship to share personally (which is why it is especially vital that you share what God is doing in your life with your spouse). It builds a replenishing relationship for both people. And, it provides a measure of accountability that encourages you to follow through in renewing the action steps that should follow the inner renewal God has worked.

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the cou
nt
enance of his friend.—Proverbs 27:17

4. Expect resistance.

We need times of retreat—such as Spiritual Leadership Conference—to regroup and renew. But then we go back to the front lines of ministry. And on the front lines, we are sure to encounter resistance—fear from within, apathy from others, and even direct attacks from Satan.

Don’t be surprised when resistance comes. Expect it to come, and purpose to press on when it does. God gives renewal for these times—not in spite of them.

For our light affliction, which is but for a mome
nt
, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look n
ot
at the things which are seen, but at the things which are n
ot
seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are n
ot
seen are eternal.—2 Cori
nt
hians 4:17–18

5. Continue to renew spiritually.

God never intended renewal in our lives to be a yearly need met by a yearly conference. It is a daily need, met by daily time with God.

Without personally continuing to renew spiritually, you’ll look back at this conference as a fuzzy memory of a good time but without lasting fruit in your life and ministry. Allow the work God has done in your life this week to continue as you spend time seeking His face, delighting in His Word, and resting in His work.

For which cause we fai
nt
n
ot
; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.—2 Cori
nt
hians 4:16

May God continue His renewing work in our lives and ministries!

Note: All of the service videos are already posted online, and by the end of next week the workshop audios will be available for free download as well. I pray they are a continuing blessing to you and to the friends you share them with.

Also, registration is open for the 2015 Spiritual Leadership Conference. (If you register by Friday, June 13, there is a twenty dollar discount.)

View the full article

• Members

Invigorating, educational, practical, motivational and just plain great Conference.

If you have never been to one of these Leadership Conf, I would encourage you to go. Not only is it pretty good  preaching, but the sessions all day and afternoon are just invaluable to the full time worker.

Many dozens of real life full time workers who are sharing what has worked for them, why and what has and why. No puffed up shirts (at least I didn´t see it that way) but just genuine, sincere men of service trying to be a help to others get ahead in the ministry and do something for the Lord. Steve Chappel was to me the bright light. His church planters luncheon talk was spot on and really helped me. There were only about 70 of us in there and he was answered about a dozen hand written questions submitted by the men in that room. Really personal, genuine and practical.

Pastor Navarette, the Spanish pastor had me into his office and over coffee gave me some great counsel as we are no longer going to serve in Mexico but start a Spanish ministry in California.

One thing that really helped me to let me put my guard down was that I sensed the men who were speaking there truly had a desire to just be helpful to us. They were simply put "real".

I´m going back next year Lord willing.

God bless,

calvary

• Members

Invigorating, educational, practical, motivational and just plain great Conference.

If you have never been to one of these Leadership Conf, I would encourage you to go. Not only is it pretty good  preaching, but the sessions all day and afternoon are just invaluable to the full time worker.

Many dozens of real life full time workers who are sharing what has worked for them, why and what has and why. No puffed up shirts (at least I didn´t see it that way) but just genuine, sincere men of service trying to be a help to others get ahead in the ministry and do something for the Lord. Steve Chappel was to me the bright light. His church planters luncheon talk was spot on and really helped me. There were only about 70 of us in there and he was answered about a dozen hand written questions submitted by the men in that room. Really personal, genuine and practical.

Pastor Navarette, the Spanish pastor had me into his office and over coffee gave me some great counsel as we are no longer going to serve in Mexico but start a Spanish ministry in California.

One thing that really helped me to let me put my guard down was that I sensed the men who were speaking there truly had a desire to just be helpful to us. They were simply put "real".

I´m going back next year Lord willing.

God bless,

calvary

Say hello to Jaron and Alyssa Cannon, Caleb and Kelsie Caviness, and Wesley Woodard for me.  Jaron Cannon of course was there for the leadership conference and I am sure was playing the piano for it.

• Members

Say hello to Jaron and Alyssa Cannon, Caleb and Kelsie Caviness, and Wesley Woodard for me.  Jaron Cannon of course was there for the leadership conference and I am sure was playing the piano for it.

Don´t know any of those folks,  :mellow: 

God bless,

calvary

Archived