• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

You Are Not Allowed To Use That Image Extension On This Community.

• Members

First I saved the image to my pictures folder as a jpg and then tried to copy the image to here.  No good.  Then I inserted the image into Word and tried to "paste from word".  No good.  Then I tried to enter by the url of the image from the web page it is on.  No good.  Then I emailed myself the picture and tried to copy it from my email.  No good.   What else can I try?

• Members

Candlelight; this is the way its done on with Firefox:

1. Highlight what you want to copy

2. Right click and choose "Copy"

3. Go to where you want to place it.

4. Put the cursor in the right place

5. Right click and choose "Paste"

Don't know if it'll work on Chrome; but may be worth a try.

Hopefully our inhouse tech (Jordon) can help us!!!!!!

• Members

I also don't know how to quote part of someone's post.  LOL

The only way that I know how to do that is to quote them, and then go into the quote and remove everything except what I want to leave...

I don't like the way this forum handles quotes as much as some of the previous software Matt has used. With the old software, quotes could be nested within one another, so if you replied to someone who was replying to someone else, both their posts would instantly appear within yours. With the current software, when you reply to a post where someone is replying to someone else, the post they are replying to disappears.

With the posts above, the only way I could show both Candlelight and NN was to go on a mission finding Candlelight's original post and then do a multi-quote.

• Members

1. Highlight what you want to copy

2. Right click and choose "Copy"

3. Go to where you want to place it.

4. Put the cursor in the right place

5. Right click and choose "Paste"

I just did that, BroK.  I don't think it works the same with google chrome.  Thank you for your help.

Yes, Jordan... can you help us?

• Members

I don't like the way this forum handles quotes as much as some of the previous software Matt has used. With the old software, quotes could be nested within one another, so if you replied to someone who was replying to someone else, both their posts would instantly appear within yours. With the current software, when you reply to a post where someone is replying to someone else, the post they are replying to disappears.

With the posts above, the only way I could show both Candlelight and NN was to go on a mission finding Candlelight's original post and then do a multi-quote.

I remember the old way too, Al.  

Well, you are way ahead of me, brother.  I have no idea how to do a multi-quote.  I have experimented, but haven't figured it out.

Why don't you add a attache file or photo button, to this dash board?

Can you explain a little better, TGL?  I know you post pictures on here that aren't as small as mine.

• Members

I just followed step by step everything that Bro. Matt put in the video.  I get the image to show in my post, but the second I het "post" to submit it I ALWAYS get the error message "You Are Not Allowed To Use That Image Extension On This Community."  I have even downloaded Firefox and tried it that way.  This is a small picture as well.  I can see it in my post as I am making it, but can't get it to post without the error.

• Administrators

I just followed step by step everything that Bro. Matt put in the video.  I get the image to show in my post, but the second I het "post" to submit it I ALWAYS get the error message "You Are Not Allowed To Use That Image Extension On This Community."  I have even downloaded Firefox and tried it that way.  This is a small picture as well.  I can see it in my post as I am making it, but can't get it to post without the error.

Is it a web picture or one you are uploading from your computer?

• Members

It is an image from google search image files, saved to jpg on my pc.  I have tried from bing images as well and saved to jpg, or used the url for bing or google.  Its not a very important item.  Just a fun post but it is frustrating since I can't figure out how to get around this error.

Things I have tried:

Google chrome, copy image to jpg.  Then copy past to thread.  Google chrome, google image, url address and tried to upload that way.  Then I tried to export it to word and then using "paste from word" option on this forum.  No good then either.  Then I switched to bing images for the same image and tried all of the above.  Made no difference.  Then I switched to Firefox and did all of the above with Firefox.  

Edited by 2bLikeJesus