• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dorightchristians - King James Onlyism Before Peter Ruckman

Dr James Ach

• Members

I know some here do not like me, yet I know a bit about Ruckman.

His testimony is one that is questionable about his 'search for truth'.

He has read every known 'book of a god' known to man, and he would tell you that.

He uses swear words when getting on people in what they believe.

He is the ultimate 'conspiracy theorist', and yes I did call Ruckman that. (Not J. Ach)

All in all he sorta has things right with the KJV, and the history about the 'perversions',

yet he lacks, as we all to a certain degree, the 'life style' of a born again Christian.

I am in no way claiming to be perfect by saying these things, but when someone brings

in just plain ignorant 'discoveries' about the history of man, or creation, or aliens, etc., I lose interest

in what the true things a guy like that can spew out.

That is what I know from his videos, and the Bible Believers Bulletin that he put out.

All that occurred back in the early 1990's in my life. If he has changed since, I am unaware of it.

GP, my in-laws have his cassette tapes from the 1950's.  I used to listen to them before I got saved.  Those tapes planted many seeds in my heart.  Also, b/c of his book on "Marriage, Divorce, and Re-Marriage" I would have never married my husband.  My husband read that book.  That is why we are married, b/c he questioned whether or not to marry a divorced woman ( with a young child), even though I wasn't saved in my first marriage.  And, had I stayed in that marriage, my ex husband would have murdered me.  My hubby and I have been married for 13 1/2 years.  OBviously, Ruckman has a special place in my heart b/c of that.  I think it is ridiculous of IFB's to get into these arguments about men of God.  People argue over David Cloud, as well.  Do the "home grown" IFB's (born into the faith), have any idea how blessed they (you) are?  I came out of the King of Cults, the RCC.  For goodness sakes, this arguing about men of God is terrible.  People in other faiths hear IFB's bickering OBout these men from their pastors in the pulpit on Sunday morning.  How is that glorifying the Lord Jesus Christ?  And, how do IFB's look to the rest of the world.  What a shame.  *sigh* 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel a lot of your opinion is in this last statement,

as I am an Independent Baptist minister, and have been for 24 years now,

and I wonder that someone has to believe 'just like you' to be one, and you

OBviously know every Baptist that have been in existence to say that we

can't believe differently?

Reformed is reformed, GP.  It is as simple as that.  If I wanted to be reformed, I would walk myself to the little reformed church down the road from me.  They are all over my area.  No thanks.  

Sigh. Molly, the purpose of this thread was never Ruckman. And JAMES is the one who castigated folk for talking about him. So quit blaming me. I didn't stop anyone from talking about him, I simply wasnt going to say more than I did. You wanna believe I was trying to stifle talk about Ruckman, go right ahead.

I know very well what Reformed Theology is. No, believing it does not automatcally make one protestant. It makes one wrong, but not protestant.

I don't know any IFB who tend to keep the gospel to themselves.

If you want to start a thread about Ruckman, go right ahead. I'll even post in it. ;-)

No comment.  You have an answer for everything, HC.  GP already told me what I have heard about Ruckman.  There is no need for me to start a thread on him.

Reformed Theology is the same as Covenant Theology.  Covenant Theology uses an historical-grammatical method of Bible interpretation for many passages, but also uses the allegorical or spiritualizing  method of Bible interpretation for a number of prophetic passages dealing with the future of Israel and the future Kingdom of God.  Covenant Theology believes that the Church existed in Old Testament times and that Israel was a major part of the Church in the Old Testament.  Therefore Covenant/Reformed Theology teach that the nation of Israel and the Church are the same, which leads right into Replacement Theology, that the Church has now replaced Israel in the NT.

Dispensational Theology does not use the allegorical or spiritualizing method of Bible interpretation, but uses only the historical-grammatical method of Bible interpretation--which means that words are given the common, ordinary meaning meaning which they had in the culture and time in which the passage was written.  IOW, dispensationalism recognizes a distinction between the nation of Israel and the Church.  Dispensational Theology teaches that the nation of Israel  and the Church are two distinct entities.

Conclusion:  Reformed/Covenant Theology = Replacement Theology.  The reason for this teaching is the method of Bible interpretation....allegorical vs. literal.

Bravo, sister!  

• Members

Reformed is reformed, GP.  It is as simple as that.  If I wanted to be reformed, I would walk myself to the little reformed church down the road from me.  They are all over my area.  No thanks.  

I think you need to take a breather and relax a bit. Good night.

Archived