• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Republicans Verses Tea Party...

The Glory Land

• Members

If the Tea Party are Republicans, and most are, then the battle is for just what it means to be a Republican and just what Republicans stand for.

How many Republicans in office even hold to the Republican Party Platform? For many years now most Republicans have been turning from their own platform.

What good would it do to elect a Republican that will continue things as they are or even keep things going in the wrong direction?

Voting for or electing Republicans just because they are Republican will do us no good. Either we convince the Republicans to put forth candidates who will take a stand for what is right, who will fight to end that which is unconstitutional, who will put principle above selfishness, Party politics, and everything else. For this, we need candidates who actually hold to good principles; not more of those who talk the talk for the sake of winning elections but fail to walk the walk.

• Members

If the Tea Party are Republicans, and most are, then the battle is for just what it means to be a Republican and just what Republicans stand for.

How many Republicans in office even hold to the Republican Party Platform? For many years now most Republicans have been turning from their own platform.

What good would it do to elect a Republican that will continue things as they are or even keep things going in the wrong direction?

Voting for or electing Republicans just because they are Republican will do us no good. Either we convince the Republicans to put forth candidates who will take a stand for what is right, who will fight to end that which is unconstitutional, who will put principle above selfishness, Party politics, and everything else. For this, we need candidates who actually hold to good principles; not more of those who talk the talk for the sake of winning elections but fail to walk the walk.

Unless, the Republican running on the ticket is a Constitutionalist.  To my knowledge, as it stands, Ted Cruz would be that man.  Possibly Rand Paul.  Ron Paul made a huge mistake by running as a Libertarian.  Maybe more votes would have been cast for him, if he ran as a Republican?  Regardless as to how we look at it, there are two parties in the USA.  They are Democrat and Republican.  I will not vote for a Democrat and will not vote for a RINO.  

While I like what the Tea Party stands for, they took many votes away from the Republicans.  Conservatives need to bond together and vote for someone who will uphold the Constitution.  Otherwise, the Democrats will take us further into moral depravity.  If that happens, we are done as a nation.  IMO, we are finished already.

• Administrators

The "tea party" is not a party, but a grassroots movement designed to bring public servants back to where they should be.  Those candidates who have won and been proclaimed "tea party" candidates are simply the result of people who are tired of what is going on and willing to do something proactive about it.

The loss of Eric Cantor (which, BTW, is a win for VA and the US) sent a shock-wave through DC. The only thing they focused on was his support of amnesty.  Of course they aren't going to mention that he voted for gun control.  His constituents were tired of it. He had 24 years to prove that he was going to do right by them and he didn't. IM), 24 years is too long, but at least they caught on.  And, FWIW, even if a Dem beats Brat in November, the voting won't change from what Cantor did.  The only bad thing would be that Pelosi would be one closer to being back as Speaker.  THAT is a barfo thought!

Sadly, Lindsey Graham won his primary - but that is because the field of his opponents was too large.  I think in that case it was a matter of ego - none of the 6 opponents were willing to drop out and not split the ticket.  There's been a lot of that.  Libertarian candidates who stand no chance of winning have remained in the race and siphoned off votes from the GOP that is constitutional...and the old guard "won."  

It isn't the folks who are being lumped into the tea party who took away votes. It's the Libertarians who have no chance to win (really, they don't. Not now, anyway) but stayed in the race anyway.  Kinda like Ross Perot, who gifted us with Clinton...(Perot wasn't Libertarian, he was independent, but same/same).

The Republicans who are in office now, by and large, are leading us into moral depravity. Quickly.

candle, just FYI - Ron Paul has run as Republican for years. He ran as a Libertarian back in 1988, but then switched back to the GOP because he knew that 3rd party candidates would not win.  He didn't win because he's too far out in some of his thoughts.  His son, Rand, is more pragmatic and could possibly win.  Although the media is bent on distorting things he says (like amnesty - he is not in favor of it, he wants reform and borders closed and protected. To the MSM that means amnesty  :icon_confused: )

I think Ted Cruz would stand an amazing chance to win.  The country is ripe for a man who will stand on principle, and he does. Boy, does he.  My dream team?  Cruz as POTUS.  Carson as VEEP. West for Sec. Def. Rand Paul for Sec. State. Ron Paul for Sec. Treasury (hehehe - the IRS would end, uber printing of money would end, we'd go back on the gold standard, inflation would go down...yeah, Ron could do the jOB!).

• Members

The "tea party" is not a party, but a grassroots movement designed to bring public servants back to where they should be.  Those candidates who have won and been proclaimed "tea party" candidates are simply the result of people who are tired of what is going on and willing to do something proactive about it.

The loss of Eric Cantor (which, BTW, is a win for VA and the US) sent a shock-wave through DC. The only thing they focused on was his support of amnesty.  Of course they aren't going to mention that he voted for gun control.  His constituents were tired of it. He had 24 years to prove that he was going to do right by them and he didn't. IM), 24 years is too long, but at least they caught on.  And, FWIW, even if a Dem beats Brat in November, the voting won't change from what Cantor did.  The only bad thing would be that Pelosi would be one closer to being back as Speaker.  THAT is a barfo thought!

Sadly, Lindsey Graham won his primary - but that is because the field of his opponents was too large.  I think in that case it was a matter of ego - none of the 6 opponents were willing to drop out and not split the ticket.  There's been a lot of that.  Libertarian candidates who stand no chance of winning have remained in the race and siphoned off votes from the GOP that is constitutional...and the old guard "won."  

It isn't the folks who are being lumped into the tea party who took away votes. It's the Libertarians who have no chance to win (really, they don't. Not now, anyway) but stayed in the race anyway.  Kinda like Ross Perot, who gifted us with Clinton...(Perot wasn't Libertarian, he was independent, but same/same).

The Republicans who are in office now, by and large, are leading us into moral depravity. Quickly.

candle, just FYI - Ron Paul has run as Republican for years. He ran as a Libertarian back in 1988, but then switched back to the GOP because he knew that 3rd party candidates would not win.  He didn't win because he's too far out in some of his thoughts.  His son, Rand, is more pragmatic and could possibly win.  Although the media is bent on distorting things he says (like amnesty - he is not in favor of it, he wants reform and borders closed and protected. To the MSM that means amnesty  :icon_confused: )

I think Ted Cruz would stand an amazing chance to win.  The country is ripe for a man who will stand on principle, and he does. Boy, does he.  My dream team?  Cruz as POTUS.  Carson as VEEP. West for Sec. Def. Rand Paul for Sec. State. Ron Paul for Sec. Treasury (hehehe - the IRS would end, uber printing of money would end, we'd go back on the gold standard, inflation would go down...yeah, Ron could do the jOB!).

I was Tea Party at the beginning of the last election, when I supported Herman Cain.  Sadly, the attack on his grandchildren was enough for him to stay in the race.  As far as the Tea Party and Republicans go, there is much arguing on Facebook between the two.  Don't we have enough prOBlems with the Democrats to be fighting among ourselves?  Both the Republicans (who are anti-RINO) and the Tea Party essentially have the same goal.

As for Ross Perot?  I voted for him one time.  However, people said they didn't think the USA was ready for someone like Perot.  

I didn't know that Ron Paul ran as a Republican before.  Thanks for the information, HC.  His thoughts may seem "far out" but his is onto something big.  I believe he knows the corruption in DC like the back of his hand.  And, many young conservatives love him.  My son, included.  Sadly, my son didn't vote in what would have been his first election b/c he didn't want to throw his vote away.  That is quite sad.

I love your "dream team" LuAnne.  Now, if only others would take your advice and vote this ticket if it should come to pass.  I am tired of IFB's voting for no names, simple b/c they are KJV.  People in my church voted for the guy who was KJV, and had no idea what he stood for, other than he stood on the word of God.  As ideal as that would be?  That is not going to happen.  The USA is past that point.  In Fact, we were never at that point.  Whatever way the voting goes, I am at peace knowing that God is in control and He is on the throne.

• Administrators

Oh, I've voted for candidates who were tea party backed as well.  But it isn't a third party, that's all I'm saying.  Those who are tea party backed are Republicans. Republicans who want to see their country turn back to the constitution - and in many cases, back to God (I put it in that order, because not all people who subscribe to the grassroots idea of the tea party are saved).  There will always be argument, especially when people don't want to change back to what once was - it's too hard for too many.  Establishment GOP don't want to give up their power or the money they continually give themselves. And, all too often, voters swallow the lie that voting for the constitutional noOB candidate will empower the Dems.  

We voted for Ron Paul when he ran as a Libertarian.  But that was before we knew about his wacko beliefs.  My hubby really doesn't like him - believes him to be anti-Israel.

The general lack of understanding as to what the POTUS is and isn't supposed to do allows people to be fooled into choosing this one issue or that other issue to be THE issue with them.  Once they realize that the POTUS who follows the Constitution doesn't have any power over those issues, they also realize that it is their congressional servants who make those decisions (or should, constitutionally).  Then they begin to wake up. As we've seen in a number of races around the country (and hope to see more!).

• Members

Oh, I've voted for candidates who were tea party backed as well.  But it isn't a third party, that's all I'm saying.  Those who are tea party backed are Republicans. Republicans who want to see their country turn back to the constitution - and in many cases, back to God (I put it in that order, because not all people who subscribe to the grassroots idea of the tea party are saved).  There will always be argument, especially when people don't want to change back to what once was - it's too hard for too many.  Establishment GOP don't want to give up their power or the money they continually give themselves. And, all too often, voters swallow the lie that voting for the constitutional noOB candidate will empower the Dems.  

We voted for Ron Paul when he ran as a Libertarian.  But that was before we knew about his wacko beliefs.  My hubby really doesn't like him - believes him to be anti-Israel.

The general lack of understanding as to what the POTUS is and isn't supposed to do allows people to be fooled into choosing this one issue or that other issue to be THE issue with them.  Once they realize that the POTUS who follows the Constitution doesn't have any power over those issues, they also realize that it is their congressional servants who make those decisions (or should, constitutionally).  Then they begin to wake up. As we've seen in a number of races around the country (and hope to see more!).

I just wish the Republicans and Tea Party would come together.  There is too much fighting about it on Facebook, from what I can see.  

I know that Ron Paul has a few strange views.  However, I truly believe he had the American people's best interest at heart. Your husband and I agree about Israel.  However, Dr. James Beller knew Ron Paul and told me that he wasn't anti-Israel at all.  I didn't know what to believe.

My hubby isn't concerned about this upcoming election, at all.  He believes we aren't any closer to the Rapture than we were before.  Back during the Great Depression, Born Again Christians thought the Rapture was going to occur.  I don't know why they thought that, as Israel hadn't become a nation yet.  Joe saw the same thing in the Clinton years.  People didn't conserve, not did they save a thing.  Anyway, my hubby believes we should prepare for the worst in this country, as Islam is a huge threat, along with the Vatican and our government.  This pope is also backing Islam and has told RC's that they believe in the same God as "Christians."  The Vatican and Islam are so far from the truth, it is pathetic.  Anyway, Joe not only believes in getting prepared, but also believes in buying up land, as land prices are down at this time.  Having a plot of land in the hills of the Appalachian Mountains will be safer, and stocking our house with supplies, including guns will help those family members who are left behind.  That is the plan, and we are thinking ahead.  I didn't mean to derail the topic, but Christians need to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.  Somehow, I believe the best is behind us.       

• Administrators

Heh - my hubby and I don't agree as to RP's view of Israel.  I take his comments as meaning that he believes that Israel shouldn't have to ask America permission to defend herself, and that, unless there were a particular American interest in it, the POTUS shouldn't send the military to join their wars. What my hubby has heard RP say, though, has led him to believe that.  As to our voting - I didn't want to vote  for RP anyway in his recent run, but even had I, I wouldn't have because my hubby wasn't going to.

I agree that we need to be prepared (but won't post what we would do about it on a public forum...hehehe). Christ could come tomorrow. He could come today. He could wait for another 500 years.  Even so, come Lord Jesus!

I remember when Reagan was running.  A lot of Christians were touting that as the saving of America. We know it wasn't (knew it wouldn't be then, and I was only 18). But I'm glad I voted for him, and I'm glad for the years he was POTUS (although he granted amnesty and look where that got us...).

I agree that Republicans need to embrace those who subscribe to tea party beliefs - because those are rooted in liberty.  That's basically what the fighting is all about, even if folks don't want to admit it.

• Members

Heh - my hubby and I don't agree as to RP's view of Israel.  I take his comments as meaning that he believes that Israel shouldn't have to ask America permission to defend herself, and that, unless there were a particular American interest in it, the POTUS shouldn't send the military to join their wars. What my hubby has heard RP say, though, has led him to believe that.  As to our voting - I didn't want to vote  for RP anyway in his recent run, but even had I, I wouldn't have because my hubby wasn't going to.

I agree that we need to be prepared (but won't post what we would do about it on a public forum...hehehe). Christ could come tomorrow. He could come today. He could wait for another 500 years.  Even so, come Lord Jesus!

I remember when Reagan was running.  A lot of Christians were touting that as the saving of America. We know it wasn't (knew it wouldn't be then, and I was only 18). But I'm glad I voted for him, and I'm glad for the years he was POTUS (although he granted amnesty and look where that got us...).

I agree that Republicans need to embrace those who subscribe to tea party beliefs - because those are rooted in liberty.  That's basically what the fighting is all about, even if folks don't want to admit it.

I think that is what RP means when talking about involvement in Israel.  Although, there are people who thought otherwise.

Did I say Appalachian Mountains?  I meant to say Rocky Mountains.  Yeah, I understand what you mean about a public forum, HC.  Although the government knows all about us anyway.  Another 500 years before the Rapture?  Oh, I hope that isn't the case.  

Yeah, Reagan got us in trouble with amnesty and also a bit with gun control.

Liberty is what it is all about.  I hope conservatives come together and agree on that. 

• Administrators

I meant to say Rocky Mountains.

:nuts:  :nuts:   Those are some gorgeous mountains, for sure!

Another 500 years before the Rapture?  Oh, I hope that isn't the case

Oh, I hope not, too, and don't think it will be - it was just a number to show we don't know how long it will be.

• Members

:nuts:  :nuts:   Those are some gorgeous mountains, for sure!

Oh, I hope not, too, and don't think it will be - it was just a number to show we don't know how long it will be.

Oh, yes they are.  One could get lost in them.  :)

That's more like it.  Throwing out a number is a better way of putting it.

• Members

if you use a acronym please the first time put in parentheses what it means! otherwise the rest of the post to those of us who aren't familiar with it is just confusing!!! 

RINO? 

Republican In Name Only

This is a definition that now applies to most all members of the GOP.

...and you think you're confused! Just look at John Boehner and all his cronies. They jump back and forth across the aisle so often I find it hard to believe their legs aren't tied in knots.

By the way Grand Old Party (GOP) used to be a euphemism for Southern Democrats prior to 1888. Seems the current republican establishment is just trying to get back to its roots.

Archived