• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Tooth Shall Set You Free!

paid4

• Members

Our God is great!!!  He's soooo got a sense of humor. List your favorites here.

Exodus 21:27 I guess you could say that the tooth will set you free.

:clapping:      :bleh:     :drool:     :nuts:     :face:     :coverlaugh:

Smile.....God loves you. There's nothing more you can do to get that from Him!!!

• Members

Tough crowd!!!

Another one I like is when he gave the possessors of the ark of the covenant hemorrhoids.

You might could say that God was a pain in their butt until they gave back the ark.

1 Samuel 5:9-10

• Members

Found another one!

Gideon was hiding in the winepress when the angel of the Lord appeared unto him and said "The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour".

• Members

Surfing is in the Bible.....

Act 27:44 And the rest, some on boards, and some on broken pieces of the ship. And so it came to pass, that they escaped all safe to land.

See it there?
When the ship was wrecked some went ashore on BOARDS.
Surfing, right there. ;)

• Members

I don't get the Gideon one...

He was hiding scared in the winepress so he wouldn't be caught. Then the Lord shows up and calls him a mighty man of valor.

• Members

Hebrews 11:12 (KJV)
12  Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable. 

That strikes me as funny.  

I also like what God said of Jezebels' fate and eventual end, when He said "she will be as dung on the field of Jezreel", whereupon after the dogs had eaten Jezebel they "deposited" her as dung in the same field she had gotten for Ahab through murder.  

2 Kings 9:37 (KJV)
37  And the carcase of Jezebel shall be as dung upon the face of the field in the portion of Jezreel; so that they shall not say, This is Jezebel. 

And what about Samson's reaction after he finds out his wife has betrayed him with the answer to his riddle to the men of the philistines.

Judges 14:18 (KJV)
18  And the men of the city said unto him on the seventh day before the sun went down, What is sweeter than honey? and what is stronger than a lion? And he said unto them, If ye had not plowed with my heifer, ye had not found out my riddle. 

Bro. Garry

Archived