• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are There Things In Scripture That Talk...

• Members

about full moons, without talking about "Blood Moons?"  The reason I am asking is that I scheduled a Dr.'s appointment for Friday, June 13th.  While talking with the secretary, she mentioned that she was a bit leery of coming into work on Friday because it is Friday the 13th, and is also a full moon.  I told her that "Friday the 13th" is silly superstition, but would ask my Christian friends online about full moons.  She is very interested in getting a possible Biblical answer to her question.  I told her that I am a Bible Believing Christian.  She told me that she is studying the NIV, and asked what church I attend.  I told her, and I also said that the KJV is a better translation and told her why.  Anyway, I did not have a Biblical answer to give her regarding full moons, if there is one; however, I did tell her that when I was a teacher, the science teachers talked about the moon and the tides.  She is also a former RC like myself.  Also, I don't know if she is saved.  Please pray for her.  Her name is Monica.  Also, pray the the Lord would use me on Friday to be a witness and testimony to her.  Thanks in advance.    

• Members

Many studies have been done proving that "full moon" causes more weird things happen on those nights is bunk. People seem to notice more on full moon nights just from superstition. Statistically, ER's do not have more patients on those nights than any other night either. Just like Friday the 13th superstitions are from a movie, full moon theories are just as reliable as a movie.

• Members

Many studies have been done proving that "full moon" causes more weird things happen on those nights is bunk. People seem to notice more on full moon nights just from superstition. Statistically, ER's do not have more patients on those nights than any other night either. Just like Friday the 13th superstitions are from a movie, full moon theories are just as reliable as a movie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From SFIC:

I would agree with Miss Daisy here. In the Bible, we read:

Psalms 121:6 (KJV)
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

The moon cannot cause one to go mad.

Oh yeah, well what about this guy?  3003-114.gifabbott-and-costello-meet-frankenstein.jp

I say you can't be too careful walking at night during full moons. :th_wellduh:

God bless,

Larry

• Members

Many studies have been done proving that "full moon" causes more weird things happen on those nights is bunk... Statistically, ER's do not have more patients on those nights than any other night either. 

That might be the case generally, but that was not a relative's experience.   He used to work on an ambulance in the Chicago area in the 1980s, and used to say there was a definite increase in weird cases, fights, drunks getting into trouble, etc. on those nights.  Especially if it fell on a Friday or Saturday night.

• Members

of course there's more of everything on a Fri. and Sat. nights. It's just blamed on the full moon. I was a nurse for almost 20 years and every time there was a full moon everybody would be saying "oh no full moon get ready" but it was just them looking for something to blame crazy behavior on.

• Moderators

I would agree with Miss Daisy here. In the Bible, we read:

Psalms 121:6 (KJV)
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

The moon cannot cause one to go mad.

Not that I disagree with your conclusion, but the context hardly applies to the topic. At the most, one could use this verse to prove that the godly are not harmed by the moon, as the chapter is referring to the godly man. Doesn't say anything about the unsaved.

• Members

of course there's more of everything on a Fri. and Sat. nights. It's just blamed on the full moon. I was a nurse for almost 20 years and every time there was a full moon everybody would be saying "oh no full moon get ready" but it was just them looking for something to blame crazy behavior on.

Not disagreeing with what you have experienced.  Simply relaying a another's.  He would have agreed, I'd guess, that the weekends were busier than the weekdays.  He just claimed a noticeable increase in oddball cases during that time of the month.

• Members

We get the word we call 'month' from the words moone (archaic English) and the past tense theta (th), which makes the past tense word 'moonth' or as we would say 'mooned'.

The 'month' starts on the new moon and goes till the ending of the 'lit-up' moon stages, back to the new moon. 

Darkness brings fear, so if one was to fear the full moon, where there is light, how much more the new moon?

People are fearing the effects of the light? Maybe God just wants them to 'fear him'.

So the fear of the 'power' of the full moon (fool's moon :D) is nothing.

Just a natural 'stage' of the end of mankind's desire to flee the light.

Archived