• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Here's A Tip For Ya

ThePilgrim

• Members

I thought I would do, what for me is a very rare thing, I will post something positive this morning.

“Doing the Lord’s work, one tip at a time.”

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2014/06/10/3446912/waffle-house-forces-waitress-to-return-1000-tip/

Be sure not to miss the update on the article.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

I can't believe her place of employment wouldn't allow her to accept the tip.  If the customer didn't want her to have the large sum of money, he wouldn't have given her it.   Period.

I feel for waitresses.  While I have never had a jOB as a waitress, I understand what it is like to work with the public.  I did sales, before college, and while attending college.  It is not an easy jOB, especially when dealing with a disgruntled customer.  Anyone dealing with the public knows how difficult a jOB it is to work for people who are not happy with something, especially when that something has nothing to do with service.  Complaints are usually against the company, not the employee.  Yet the employee has to listen to and resolve such issues.  It is a "Shoot the messenger, kind of business."

I hope this can get resolved and this waitress can keep the generous tip.  It isn't likely that she is going to put a down payment on a brand new Mercedes.  She is using it to get caught up on bills, for goodness sake.  

• Administrators

Someone in the comments suggested waiting 30 days and if it wasn't disputed she could keep it.  That's the best way to do it, because then the customer's window of trying to rescind would be removed. But the customer specified where he wanted the money to go, and that's where it should go.

• Members

I

Be sure not to miss the update on the article.

God bless,

Larry

Some missed the update.

The update at bottom of article said the original tipper wrote her a check when he found out what had happened.

God bless,

Larry

Archived