• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ronnie Floyd Wins Southern Baptist Convention Presidency

RSS Robot

• Members

With 5,001 registered messengers and 3,553 ballots cast, Floyd received 1,834 votes, or 51.62 percent. Kim, pastor of GlOBal Mission Church of Greater Washington in Silver Spring, Md., received 1,446 votes or 40.70 percent while Moore, pastor of New Salem Baptist Church in Hustonville, Ky., received 210 votes or 5.91 percent. Moore is the current second vice president of the Southern Baptist Convention. 

I watched a little show about how they vote in a new Pope. Reading the Southern Baptist do the same thing was a shock. 

• Members

The Southern Baptist Convention is now compared to the Catholic Church?  Really?  

I could be wrong, Arbo, but I believe IFB's look at the Southern Baptist Convention as a hierarchy much like the RCC.  Not to that extent, of course; however the SBC has a chain of command, where the IFB answers to the Lord Jesus Christ.

• Members

I could be wrong, Arbo, but I believe IFB's look at the Southern Baptist Convention as a hierarchy much like the RCC.  Not to that extent, of course; however the SBC has a chain of command, where the IFB answers to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Both answer to the same Christ.

• Members

We vote for pastors. Of course, that isn't for an entire bunch of churches, but still we vote. MountainChristian, out of curiosity, how does your church select pastors?

I think our pastor has been there for over thirty years, and they done it differently. Preachers came to the church and took turns preaching. The people watched and listened to whom God was blessing the most. After a while the other preachers slowly stopped coming and after some more time the men told him they could see he was meant to be the pastor. 

• Members

So what?  It is a statement of what they did, not teaching of how it should be done.

Arbo, the Southern Baptist are going down hill. Yes losing members but much more importantly losing God's power. They used to have a higher standards but they have voted that away. 

Archived