• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Is False Teaching And Can It Be Found Here?

The Glory Land

• Members

False teaching is not hard to spot. Does this person believe that the Word of God the bible is 100 % true, The virgin birth, baptism, Trinity, the Lords super, Salvation not by works, Salvation one time only, baptism one time only. Support the local church and the Saints. The authority of the church, God and then man. The rapture of the Saints, Heaven and Hell. The Ten Commandments and that the Jew are still the choosen ones then us, the gentiles. Now that was easy... :). TGL

• Members

Yes it can be found on this forum - amillenialism, covenant theology, and preterism are false doctrines.

False Doctrine is not always easy to spot, particularly when one listens to the "tone of voice" rather than the literal, plain meaning of Scripture.

Romans 16:17-18 come to mind - particularly v. 18 - "by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple."

Thus, false doctrine often SOUNDS GOOD.  However, if one "grows in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (II Peter. 3:18), and has their "senses excercised to discern good and evil" (Heb. 5:14) they will be able to handle the "strong meat" that often is at the center of doctrinal debates. 

• Members

According to the structure of the sentence; I believe he saying that God is the authority of the church; then man(Pastor) is second. A semi-colon would have been more appropriate than a comma.

• Members

According to the structure of the sentence; I believe he saying that God is the authority of the church; then man(Pastor) is second. A semi-colon would have been more appropriate than a comma.

Somebody here knows what I am talking about.   :clapping:

• Moderators

Authority over the church...  :coffee2:

Somebody here knows what I am talking about.   :clapping:

I understood what you meant (only because of much reading of your posts) but wanted to point out what a literal grammatical reading may cause others to conclude. [and to double check that you didn't actually mean what the sentence implied]

• Members

Yes it can be found on this forum - amillenialism, covenant theology, and preterism are false doctrines.

False Doctrine is not always easy to spot, particularly when one listens to the "tone of voice" rather than the literal, plain meaning of Scripture.. 

Opinion.

False doctrine doesn't 'sound good' to one who knows God's word.

False doctrine sounds good to itching ears, listening to heaps of 'teachers'.

:godisgood:  :coffee2:  Some just OBserve truths that others don't. Having eyes to see...and ears to hear.

Archived