• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Weird People That Are Smart?

• Members

They are extraordinary in school, A students, but in real life? Somethings just don't click. I guess they can say the same things about me. That glory land guy is good but at the same time he needs to go back to school.... :)

As a former school teacher, I will say that it isn't a person's IQ that makes them intelligent.  Some of the most Ignorant (using the Bible's word) people are "highly intelligent" people who have no common sense nor any compassion.  

We are all products of our environment, TGL.  English is your second language.  I wouldn't say that you need to go back to school.  This is the Internet.  Body language is 90% of how we interact with one another.  We are only using 10% of our communication on OB.

We are all individuals, unique in our own way.  You are no different than any of us.  No one fingerprint is the same as another.  That is the beauty of God's creation and children.  He created all of us differently.  You are special!   

• Administrators

The person with the high IQ is the one that licks their fingers while they are cooking, and double dipping their chips while they are eating?

Hey!  I double dip my chips in my salsa when we eat at our fave Mexican restaurant.  Heh - but my hubby and I each get our own salsa, so that's okay.   :biggrin:

I second Arbo's comment...being well-read is better!

• Moderators

As a former school teacher, I will say that it isn't a person's IQ that makes them intelligent.  Some of the most Ignorant (using the Bible's word) people are "highly intelligent" people who have no common sense nor any compassion.  

I saw this truth while in the Navy

We would get these new, "Boot-camp" officers, right out of the academy, all full of pep and vinegar, proudly wearing their new rankof Ensign on their collar. These were well-educated men, fresh from a great amount of training, and yet I once saw one, while watching some welders working on a beam, tell them to be careful of the burning slag falling on the ground, and reach down and pick some up with his bare hands. Ejumacation doesn't mean sense. Education is important, but sense often comes with experience, if at all.

• Members

We would get these new, "Boot-camp" officers, right out of the academy, all full of pep and vinegar, proudly wearing their new rankof Ensign on their collar. These were well-educated men, fresh from a great amount of training, and yet I once saw one, while watching some welders working on a beam, tell them to be careful of the burning slag falling on the ground, and reach down and pick some up with his bare hands. Ejumacation doesn't mean sense. Education is important, but sense often comes with experience, if at all.

Yep. Rank does not equate with intelligence.

• Members

Ah, yes ejumacation brings with quite a bit of experience, too.

• Members

Romans 1:20 (KJV)
20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 

Romans 1:22 (KJV)
22  Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 

The more ejumacation you have the harder it is the see the OBvious, or understand the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus and salvation.

• Members

Very true, Brother Garry.  God's word speaks for itself.  The most difficult people to witness to are people that are highly educated.  Book smart, that is.  What is OBvious to the average person is so difficult to those who have lots of education.  I worked with so many teachers who had PH.D's.  They were so difficult to share the gospel with.  I would bring up the Lord at lunch in the faculty room.  PTL, one teacher was interested in knowing more about Christ.  I don't know if she is saved, but she was asking me questions about the gospel.  She grew up in the RCC, as well, and for some reason I could talk with her about the Lord.  She told me she had a miscarriage and was in the process of divorcing her husband.  He had been running around on her.  Maybe, God brought her to the bottom of self?  I dunno.    

Archived