Online Baptist

I am. I dont see the US getting out of group stage, especially with Germany and Portugal in the same group. Ghana, being as good as they played in the last World Cup, wont get out of group stage either. So, since my grandparents are from Portugal, I usually end up pulling for them after the US gets knocked out.

i just have a sneaking suspicion with the WC being held in Brazil and maybe some home team calls go their way, maybe a Brazilian victory?

It is a legitimate edge.  I guess we will see.

I like Germany's chances this year.  I'd say Spain's as well, but I question if they have what it takes to rebound if things start to not go their way.

I hope that there are none of those vuvuzelas.

• Advanced Member

With the team England has, you have every reason not to be.  :nuts:

Never have been interested in Football.  I days gone by, when most of the country was glued to the TV watching the cup final, my wife and I used to go shopping.  It was one Saturday the the shops would be mostly empty.  These days more people seem to opt out of watching the cup final.  

It is a legitimate edge.  I guess we will see.

I like Germany's chances this year.  I'd say Spain's as well, but I question if they have what it takes to rebound if things start to not go their way.

I hope that there are none of those vuvuzelas.

Spain- Brazil final  I am predicting. since US wont make it out of group stage; I'll be pulling for my grandparents homeland, Portugal..

portugal_soccer_team.jpg

RWC? Drawing a blank on that one...

Rugby World Cup 2015. The reigning IRB Rugby World Cup Champions, New Zealand Allblacks will be playing the American Eagles at Soldiers field in Chicago on November1st of this year. The Eagles would not normally get the opportunity of playing at this level however, this match has been created for the benefit of increasing the profile of rugby in the USA. :peek:

tumblr_ltjge1aTNg1r1cwkso1_1280.jpg

Edited by Gabrielle A
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

All Blacks vs Eagles?

Some battered birds by the end of this game. :lol:

Can anyone here say "record score"?

The All Blacks are monsters......

But the Poms game them a run the other day - maybe they are a bit off their game right now - might only smash the Eagles instead of crippling them. :lol:

And yes, they really are that good......Unfortunately. :(

The ABs have a history of coming back from behind. Most of their plays are strategic to enable the opposing team to think they have the advantage. My guess is that they will save their energy for the quarter and semifinals.The Eagles vs the AllBlacks game should be well worth watching as I do not think the ABs will annihilate them on their own turf, rather for the sake of the game...they will go easy. :th_tiphat:

Edited by Gabrielle A

The only consolation is that the All Blacks are notoriously bad in World Cup.

Always the best team on the world, often beaten at the world cup.

:lol:

I am at a rugby game right now - our local grade team - my son plays No2.

Most of my son's team are kiwi, and the majority are Maori or 'coconuts' - that's what they call themselves......

My sounds kiwi when he finishes training - so funny. :lol:

"C'Mon bruthus"...... :lol:

You're an Aussie aren't you Dave... :unsure: I hope y'all do well in the RWC bro... :)

Ummmmmmm yep - West Aussie in fact - and we have heaps of Kiwis over here for mining work.

Which is good for our rugby team. ;)

Australia demolished the Netherlands in the men's final - 6 -1!

I love watching these guys plays hockey.
In the world cup comp they scored 30 goals and only conceded 3 - one in the group games, one in the semi, and one in the final.
An "unstoppable force" they were described as.

We were talking world cup hockey, weren't we?
:lol: