• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

World Cup

Arbo

• Members

I am. I dont see the US getting out of group stage, especially with Germany and Portugal in the same group. Ghana, being as good as they played in the last World Cup, wont get out of group stage either. So, since my grandparents are from Portugal, I usually end up pulling for them after the US gets knocked out.

• Members

i just have a sneaking suspicion with the WC being held in Brazil and maybe some home team calls go their way, maybe a Brazilian victory?

It is a legitimate edge.  I guess we will see.

I like Germany's chances this year.  I'd say Spain's as well, but I question if they have what it takes to rebound if things start to not go their way.

I hope that there are none of those vuvuzelas.

• Members

With the team England has, you have every reason not to be.  :nuts:

Never have been interested in Football.  I days gone by, when most of the country was glued to the TV watching the cup final, my wife and I used to go shopping.  It was one Saturday the the shops would be mostly empty.  These days more people seem to opt out of watching the cup final.  

• Members

It is a legitimate edge.  I guess we will see.

I like Germany's chances this year.  I'd say Spain's as well, but I question if they have what it takes to rebound if things start to not go their way.

I hope that there are none of those vuvuzelas.

Spain- Brazil final  I am predicting. since US wont make it out of group stage; I'll be pulling for my grandparents homeland, Portugal..

portugal_soccer_team.jpg

Archived