• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bride And Family

Arbo

• Moderators

Huh? You asking about Baptist Briders? Far as I'm concerned, every born again Christian is part of the bride of Christ. And also part of the family of Christ. I guess a bride is family. :)

• Members

I don't see how you (Arbo) can accuse anyone of being a brider when you can't even define what an independent fundamental Baptist is. But hey, since there are also different varieties of Baptist Briders (one's who believe that only certain IFB churches are SAVED, and ones who believe that there is a difference between the bride and the church even though both are saved, and then those who believe that latter but in addition to that also believe that they must be a member of a local Baptist church and that all of the verses that imply a universal body are only applicable to the local churches, and that 1 Cor 12:13 meant water baptism instead of the Holy Spirit baptising a person into the body of Christ).....

..let's use the logic that has been used here to undefine the IFB, we should just do the same thing here which will ultimately lead us to the conclusion there really is no such thing as a Baptist Brider, it's merely a relative term to describe a different kind of professing believer (I say "believer" instead of Baptist, because then we'll have to define 'Baptist' as well).

I also find that one of the greatest ways to spot liberal believers is watch how many of them make arguments over doctrine into issues about salvation knowing full well that that's not the issue. For example, "Why are you so hard on rock music in the church? it's not like anyone will lose their salvation if they listen to it".

On my last thread, you accuse me of "stirring the pot" and then you post something like this?

• Moderators

I already answered the question in the OP ---- 0-1 that I'm aware of. If any others are, they haven't responded (thus far, but it might take a couple of weeks before they see it).

It looks to me (don't accuse me of saying you are, I said MY IMPRESSION) as if Ach is seeking to circuMVent locked threads (that's been done by over a dozen people here when mad).

All legitimate complaints aside (and you have some), ask Bro Matt if you can moderate. The reality, however, is that the nature of your anti-mod rants have actually been directly insulting the administrator. How so? When you say "don't call it IFB" you're not attacking mods (they didn't set up or name the site) but admin. 

Things take too long to suit you, you would have the mods replaced, etc.? You are stating that Bro. Matt is inadequate to handle this site -- I guess you should request he turn the site over to you as the new administrator.

Realize that as a mod you would have to moderate within the rules found on the bottom right of the home page and not make them as you go. Ah, but as the administrator you can change the parameters to suit you.

Would I do some things different? Yes, but that just tough -- it's not my site.

I know you will prOBably want to respond to this -- fine. I would suggest you limit it to ONE response lest you get this thread locked also.

• Members

Ach-  I invite you to show who I have accused in this thread.

A friendly OBservation:  Your rants are starting to betray a personal bitterness on your part. 

• Members

Like the old joke regarding heaven where Peter tells most of the believers to be quiet as they pass one particular door because that's where the Baptists are and they think they are the only ones in heaven?

Yes, I heard the same about the Brethren and then of the Strict Baptists. (Strict means strict communion, closed table.)

• Moderators

Ach-  I invite you to show who I have accused in this thread.

A friendly OBservation:  Your rants are starting to betray a personal bitterness on your part. 

But if he seems to be trying to back off, he doesn't need people to keep nipping.

• Members

Ach-  You will kindly note that my post (" :stirthepot: ") names no one in particular.  It was a general OBservation of the state of the thread.  You, sir are guilty of accusing me of something that you have imagined and that I am innocent of.  I forgive you and will leave it at that.

• Members

But if he seems to be trying to back off, he doesn't need people to keep nipping.

If this is an admonition directed toward me, I must say that I would like to apologise if needed and defend myself if not.

• Members

Ach-  You will kindly note that my post (" :stirthepot: ") names no one in particular.  It was a general OBservation of the state of the thread.  You, sir are guilty of accusing me of something that you have imagined and that I am innocent of.  I forgive you and will leave it at that.

Arbo, you accused me in the other thread of  :stirthepot: when that was not my intent at all.  I made a comment about Covenanter's hymn he posted, as it reminded me of the RCC.  I can't help that it brought me back to my days in the RCC.  You continued to make a joke that I only like Baptist choirs.  Well, I do.  I also left the RCC many years ago, and have no intention of going back to Rome.  You have a tendency of stirring the pot, as well.  I have never called you on it, either.  Actually, I find it humorous.  Also, I am not a Baptist Brider.  Just so you know.  :)

Archived