• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sexual Abuse Cases Are Not Limited To The Ifb...

• Members

This was on my local news station last night.  The pastor of this church, along with his son are being accused of sexual harassment of a minor.  I attended "Church on the Rise" a non-denominational church in Westlake, OH (west side of Cleveland, OH) for a few services many years ago.  Pastor Paul Endrei is a graduate of Kent State University, where I graduated from in 1987.  The last Wednesday night I attended there, I remembered the Holy Spirit speaking through this man.  He said, "If you are a married woman, and have a home church that your husband attends, it isn't that we don't want your membership... the Lord has commanded you to follow your husband."  It was also at "Church on the Rise" that the Lord reaffirmed me of my salvation, as I was struggling with it.

I couldn't believe this when I saw it on T.V.  I just wonder if the charges made on some pastors is justified.  Being raised in the RCC, both of my older brothers were Altar Boys.  Not once did a Roman Catholic priest ever make sexual advances towards them.  Many of these stories are hogwash.  Not that I am defending what the RCC teaches, I just wanted to clarify the truth.  I also worked in a Parochial School for two years after graduating from K.S.U.  My second year, the priest was accused of fondling two young boys.  As it turned out, it was a fabricated story made up by the boys to bring negative attention to the "church."  As they say, "negative attention is better than no attention at all."  It went to court.  Sadly, the priest died of cancer, shortly after being acquitted. 

Anyway, I never got the impression that Pastor Paul Endrei was a sexual predator.  This was also the church, where Pastor Endrei gave a message on sodomy.  Three homosexuals came to the church, early one Monday morning, and beat the custodian to a pulp.  He was hospitalized for weeks.  "Church on the Rise" never pressed charges, and Pastor Endrei continues to preach against sodomy to this day.  BTW, this church is located in Cuyahoga County, not Lorain County as the article states.

http://fox8.com/2014/06/05/second-pastor-at-westlake-church-charged/

• Moderators

The charges made on some pastors are prOBably not justified; but I would say that many are true. Especially in the Catholic church.

It's a hard line to walk. We are warned not to receive a charge against an elder except by two or three witnesses, but on the other hand, we can't bury our head in the sand and say "oh, a pastor would never do such a thing." When OBviously they do.

• Members

The charges made on some pastors are prOBably not justified; but I would say that many are true. Especially in the Catholic church.

It's a hard line to walk. We are warned not to receive a charge against an elder except by two or three witnesses, but on the other hand, we can't bury our head in the sand and say "oh, a pastor would never do such a thing." When OBviously they do.

I understand that many sexual abuse cases in the RCC are justified, however I know from my experience from teaching my second year in the Parochial School, that the case against the parish priest was not.

The "Church on the Rise" case is especially strange as the charges are months apart from one another.  It doesn't seem right at all to me, and certainly doesn't add up.

Archived