• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Job

robmac68

• Members

I was just replying to a thread about pastors I enjoy lisenting to.  I noticed I stated I listened to a preacher for several hours at work yesterday.  I just want to praise God for my jOB!!  I believe with all my heart that this jOB is solely from His blessing on my life.  I back slid for years and my fellow employees at my last jOB saw many bad sides and sin that I did. I had friends there and we would get into all sorts of sinful things.  When my daughter was born, I looked at my life and realized I am not the Christian witness my daughter needed me to be.  I wanted my children to be dedicated to God and if I wasn't myself, how could they be?  So I started back to church.  I really started relying on God to direct my life.  I knew I had to quit my old jOB just because I knew I ruined any testimony I ever hoped to have and also I had to separate from my old lifestyle.  It would be hard to do if I was working with all my buddies I would hang out with.  I prayed and prayed and it took a few months and a healthy paycut, but I put my faith in the Lord and He took care of me.  I have the best jOB where I can spend hours reading and studying God's Word.  I have great benefits. I have an absolutely wonderful schedule.  I am just now at the rate of pay I was at when I left my old jOB 8 years ago, but I do not miss the money.  God has been providing and I just praise Him and praise Him.  I can't praise Him enough for all the blessings in my life.  And I praise Him for the struggles in life, too. 

Archived