• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ifb Protected Forums

Arbo

• Members

Can someone explain what the purpose of the protected forums is?  As I understand the policy of this site, non-IFBers are accepted for membership, with a reserved area set aside for IFBers only.  

Those who do not describe themselves as IFB are becoming increasingly unwelcome.  Many who are IFB want the exclusivity of the protected forums extended to the rest of the site, even with their segregated area.

What am I missing?

• Members

I don't know. The IFB only area has actually been little used. It seems most posters want the discussion and/or debate of the open forum more.

I've been here during times when only like minded folks were posting, and there were few posts. Not much to discuss when someone posts something everyone else agrees with. Some of us have tried a few times to have Bible study threads but they don't last long.

It still amazes me how little the prayer forum is used.

If some had their way there would only be a half dozen members on this board and a couple of them might not last long.

Considering IFBs have always been a diverse lot in some areas it's rather arrogant for one to declare they are the arbiter of who is and isn't a "real IFB". Worse yet, some seem to think they have divine revelation to declare who is or isn't saved. Meanwhile, some are quick to tell others they don't believe what they say they believe and set themselves up as all knowing in their ability to really know what others believe.

By the proclamations of some, one of the greatest Baptist pastors would not be welcome here; Charles Spurgeon. There would be no room for John R. Rice. Paul Chappell and Sheldon Smith would be excluded.

Love for the brethren is sorely lacking among some. Christ said others would know we were His followers because of our love one for another. It seems many of us are not showing we are followers of Christ.

• Members

I have no prOBlem with others in the general areas, but there are many who have access to the IFB only sections who clearly are not.
Some have outright lied to BroMatt to gain entry while others redefine IFB to such a broad understanding that they have no prOBlem using the name to gain entry.

Years ago the IFB section was a "safe haven" where IFB could discuss even sticky issues without false input.
That is not the case any longer.

For mine, the IFB only section needs a thorough clean out and a return to what it used to be.
Then we can discuss once more without fearing attack, and we can discuss like we used to those issues which arise in the general area, but in a true IFB setting.
You can learn in that setting, whereas often the false just get aggressive and argue rather than discussing.

Leave the main forum as it is, kick these others out of the restricted area back to the main forum.......

• Members

There's no action there because there is no point........
You get attacked in there just like put here.
There are people in there who teach false rubbish and say you can't tell what is and isn't IFB so they are allowed in there.

Not BroMatt's fault - he has to take people on what they claim..... and he has dispatched at least one in recent times when an anti IFB post was put in there and it was pointed out to him.

As I said in another thread - Used to be that everyone knew what an IFB looked like.
All this junk arguing against that is red herrings and smoke screen.

• Members

I have no prOBlem with others in the general areas, but there are many who have access to the IFB only sections who clearly are not.
Some have outright lied to BroMatt to gain entry while others redefine IFB to such a broad understanding that they have no prOBlem using the name to gain entry.

Perhaps those people should be dealt with individually, and the IFB folks who want to banish us who did not "check the box" ought to be content with that.

• Members

Dealing with individuals who violate board rules, who promote outright false teaching (not jus a difference of opinion), who post using unbiblical mannerisms and terms, who reject attempts to kindly help them or reject Mod instructions, would be much better than locking entire threads because of one person letting their flesh run wild.

Rather than the board and all members constantly suffering the consequences of those unwilling to tame their tongue and deal with the issue in their heart, the offending individuals should pay for their own consequences.

Archived