• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Gorship

Floyd Nolen Jones

Hey, Im putting together my lesson for tomorrow and I stumbled across "Floyd Nolen Jones", he seems to be KJB, non-calvinist, creationist. Does anyone have any information on him? Is he solid to use for information? Curious on some feedback

thanks!
Jordan

He has a book called "Which Version Is the Bible?" that I would rank in my top 10 recommendations for anyone wanting to study the basics on the KJVO issues. He has a pretty good section on dissecting the methods and logic of Westcott & Horts theories of textual criticism and shows why they are flawed and useless as a reasonable form of text evaluation. If you have a chance to get that book-GET IT :)

And as with any good workout, be sure to take creatine before and after reading this book, rest, and read it again!

Edited by Dr James Ach

aha! alright well I shall quote him then if he gets the thumbs up. I will get his book, I found a pdf of it on this website, but I will be sure to support him. Going through Johoichin being 8 or 18 in 2 2 Chronicles 36:9 vs 2 kings 24:8... its sad how many people just say "OBviously a scribe error... I guess they don't agree with the whole jot and tittle thing.

• Similar Content

• By Brian Smedley
      Hi, my name is Brian Smedley and I want to say without Christ I am nothing . Through the Lord Jesus Christ do I have righteousness, not my righteousness, but his. I am presented to God through Jesus blood that flowed at Calvary for my sins and all of mankind's. John 3:16. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth  on him would not perish, but have everlasting life. 
    • By Brian Smedley
      Hi, my name is Brian Smedley and I want to say without Christ I am nothing . Through the Lord Jesus Christ do I have righteousness, not my righteousness, but his. I am presented to God through Jesus blood that flowed at Calvary for my sins and all of mankind's. John 3:16. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth  on him would not perish, but have everlasting life. 

• By Alan
      Brethren,
      Just wanted to let everyone know that the Lord still has a lot of good, independent, fundamental, Baptist churches, men, and the ministries that God has given to these men, that are still going strong for the Lord Jesus. Most of these men, churches, and the ministries will not be recognized by any of the internet theologians, Reformed theologians, and disgruntled brethren trying to destroy good IFB churches, good IFB pastors and good IFB ministries of these men and their churches.
      Throughout the history of the New Testament Church, starting at Jerusalem, these men, and their ministries, will not be listed in any of the 'church history' books written by any denominational scholar. The only men in any New Testament church listed by any denominational scholar mentioned or by a denominational 'church history' book, or an 'internet theologian,' will be one that has 'fallen' into disrepute. The denominational scholars, and internet theologians only use as their examples of non-denominational, New Testament, Baptist churches, men who disgraced the ministry, compromised, or fallen into sin. Denominational religious organizations  deliberately disregard non-denominational churches and those churches who stand for the faith and practice what they believe. A Protestant denomination does not want to recognize independent assemblies.
      The men who have stayed faithful to the precepts of the New Testament church will be recognized, and honored, at the Judgment Seat of Christ. The purpose of my thread is to discuss what is an internet theologian and how they are undermining, or destroying, or causing to hinder, IFB churches.
      Alan

• By DougA
      OK so here's the problem,  I have an issue talking to people in my church about my believes because of persecution. I was born and raised Southern Baptist and that is what I am today but for 10 years in between now and then I was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints. I did several studies throughout my time there and before a joined on verses in the Bible that link to their beliefs. Everyone that I know in the Baptist Church has said that Jesus was pre-ordained to save us from our sins but no one wants to take knowledge that He was there before the world was formed. Also the fact that Genesis states there was more than one dirty speaking in the garden to Adam and Eve. It states Man has now become like us. We shall make man in our image. Who is God talking to if Jesus wasn't born yet? The Bible if you look up the names of Jesus in Hebrew states that Jesus was the one who Moses spoke to on mount  sinai.  And if God is the same yesterday today and forever and he spoke to several prophets of the Old Testament when they were children why would he not speak to a seven-year-old boy in this day and age who asked for guidance? There are several other key references in the book of Mormon that can be traced back to the Bible. How can an uneducated boy write a powerful 500 page book that moved enough hearts to make people leave their homes around the world and move to Utah by foot at the risk of death and starvation? Jesus even said in the New Testament when the disciples didn't know what to name the primitive church He told them to name it after Him because if it's named after a man then it's a mans church. If it's named after Jesus the son of God it's His church and His doctrine which all Christian's should follow. How exactly is it wrong. Please can someone who is a minister and actually educated in the true ways of the LDS church and not just listened to a few sermons telling how it's wrong but actually went to the horses mouth and prayed tell me what I should do. 
    • By Ronda
      I have to let a rant out.... If I hear the Gap theory one more time promoted by yet another IFB Pastor I am going scream!!!!
      If we take the Bible literally and reverently there is no way to arrive at the erroneous gap theory. 
      Here are some verses which not only poke a hole in the theory, but flatten it entirely:
      "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the FIRST heaven and the FIRST earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."
      "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them AT THE BEGINNING made them male and female"
       In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.   "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." "And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." "And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man."
      Besides the total misunderstanding of the ORIGINAL usage of the word "replenish" in ... the TRUE original meaning was "to fill" NOT to refill.
      The next set of verses they attempt to use are " For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:  Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."
      What is so hard to understand about this??? There was the PRE-FLOOD earth (from Adam to Noah), the present day earth, and the new heaven and new earth (after the millennium, after the great white throne judgment, after the devil has been cast into the lake of fire for eternity). Sadly... many even misunderstand the difference between the new heaven and new earth in comparison with the millennial kingdom on earth. It's very simple!  
      "10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.   11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them."
      In Rev. 20 we see the devil being bound and thrown into the bottomless pit for a thousand years. (v.1-3)  then if we go down to v. 7-8 to the end of the millennial reign on earth, the devil is loosed out of his prison the deceive the nations for the last time (v.7-8) NEXT we see the devil is defeated and cast into the lake of fire for eternity (v.10). And the very next verse tells us TWO VERY VITAL pieces of information: #1 The great white throne judgment #2 the earth and heaven flee from the face of God, and "there was no place found for them". This is the event which can readily be understood to be reference where "...the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." 
      The next chapter (Rev. 21) starts off like this (so there should be zero doubt): "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."  Rev. 21-22 tells us about the new heaven, the new earth, the new Jerusalem.  I've heard some very mixed up eschatology attempting to place this event at the end of the tribulation and prior to the millennium. It's plain literal word meaning proves this is impossible. The new heavens and new earth cannot be created until after the devil is dealt with for the final time and cast into the lake of fire for eternity!!!
       The millennium WILL be a time of restoration of BLESSING and removal of CURSE upon the earth (as much OT scripture shows). However, it will not be the new heaven and the new earth! That cannot happen until after the devil's 1000 yr stay in the bottomless pit, after he is loosed a short season to deceive the nations, and after he is dealt with for the final time and thrown into the lake of fire for eternity.  THEN and only then will God create the new heaven and new earth (as states of the new heaven and new earth "wherein dwelleth righteousness".  Righteousness cannot dwell completely until the devil is gone for good!  We can surely understand why God wouldn't want to create the new heaven and new earth only to have it defiled by sin and defiled by the devil! It's so easy to understand when we just read it in order (especially , noting that the next chapter tells of the new heaven and new earth, and this information regarding the new heaven and the new earth comes AFTER the great white throne judgment, AFTER the devil has been permanently cast into the lake of fire. 
      All that... just to say... the gap theory is so unscriptural and unsound... I can't comprehend why anyone would teach it, much less buy into it! The only possible reasons I can find is that they are either wanting to make a compromise with the world (and Darwinism garbage) OR they just refuse to take God at His literal, reverent, Holy word! Either way, there is no fear of God when one twists scripture like that. 
      Frustrations vented... (for now). Have a blessed evening. With all of the false teaching going on in the world, I just can't see how the Lord can tarry. God won't be mocked. These are the last days, the perilous times of and v.13... and the gap theory? Definitely a fable Paul warned about in 2 Tim 4:2-4.    MARANATHA!!!! (and soon, I pray)