• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Don't Call This An Independent Baptist Forum

• Members

Oh no not eschatology again.

Nero was the devil and he just kind of died in office. Jesus never came back and fought for this Nation. Never bound the Devil/Nero and cast him into a bottomless pit, but hey its all been fulfilled. That is beyond bazaar. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And what Covenanter just said is utter non sense. I can show you post after post after post after post where I posted so much Scripture on the subjects, and so many quotes from Calvinists own authors that Covenanter ran for the hills and traded his comments for general insults. 

Just to prove my point, I am going to take the time later on to post EVERY SINGLE THREAD that I have ever debated Covenanter on the issues of eschatology and Israel, and let the rest judge as to whether I have made a diligent effort to confront him WITH SCRIPTURE, hundreds of them.

I am looking forward to viewing those posts, Dr. Ach.   

• Members

Oh no not eschatology again.

Nero was the devil and he just kind of died in office. Jesus never came back and fought for this Nation. Never bound the Devil/Nero and cast him into a bottomless pit, but hey its all been fulfilled. That is beyond bazaar. 

It will be well worth your while, Mountain Christian, to read Dr. Ach's posts.  I have read some of what he posted to Covenanter, and I am looking forward to reading the other posts, before I came back to OB.  Just hang in there, MC.  

• Members

It will be well worth your while, Mountain Christian, to read Dr. Ach's posts.  I have read some of what he posted to Covenanter, and I am looking forward to reading the other posts, before I came back to OB.  Just hang in there, MC.  

Some of it can be found just by using the general search engine, or going to my profile and looking for posts, and then look for topics about Prophecy, Israel, Calvinism. It's going to take some time to compile the specific links because it's an extensive list that goes back for a couple of years LOL

• Moderators

Doc Ach, I have been in some of the forums you have been in and seen the animosity that was shown there. I have argued scripture and been nothing less than beaten down by insults and meanness-there was a spirit there, a nasty, dark oppresive spirit in those places.

Here, however, even with the arguing, and yes, the occasional insult and slight, things being said that really shouldn't, I haven't yet seen that dark, oppresive spirit here, which is a primary reason I stay. Most of the opposition in doctrine has really helped me to sharpen my sword as I need to get into scripture and study to more successfully stand for my positions.

granted, there are clearly some who have had to go-the SDA(s) and such types are so far from doctrinal discernment that I suspect a majority of them are unsaved. Little different than if an LDS or JW was in the place. Clear cults must be removed. However, being a forum for discussion, I can accept, say, conversing with someone who holds to an earlier TR translation than the KJV, (Like the Geneva). I may disagree and end the day that way, but I don't believe he is less saved, and we can argue it civilly.

Preaching to the choir can become dry and unnappealing in places like this. Now, a church, yes, we should agree, but if there IS disagreement, I don't send them packing (unless they are a danger)-no, I encourage them through scripture and teach and preach and give the truth to try to convert them, or, being that I am found in error, I take my new stand. Because I'm not perfect and I just may be wrong about something.

So, I guess my point in this is, thee still seems to be a good spirit here that I never saw in the other forums, so there's still light, still something positive going on. Maybe there's still someone who needs you to reach them with the truth. Hey, maybe you'll yet convince me that my rapture stance is wrong. But bottom line, if its just too much of a burden to you and its hurting your spirit, please, take the better part of valor and feel free to go about your business, if that's what you need, but I, for one, would feel it was a little less interesting here if you did.

• Members

I think BroMatt and the Mods have a really difficult jOB.

I do not see James' posts as attacks on the mods/BroMatt per Se, but rather pointing out that the "difficult jOB" is getting away from them.

There have been times when some here ran absolutely rampant and unhindered. False doctrine and abusive language abounded and "bullying" was clearly evident. The mods were just not keeping up.
Now keeping in mind that the mods have actual lives somewhere outside of forum land, they were pinging our friendly "yes or no" infiltrators almost instantly and even before they could cause trouble, whilst at the same time this other stuff was going on.
In fact it was only when I stopped posting that I was asked - pointing out the attacks in posts had no effect.

Yet the count to 50 thread gets instant mod response.........

There are people here who constantly post false doctrine and get away with it; people who use abusive terms and get away with it; people who ignore scriptural proof and present their own ideas and get away with it.

James is harsh but accurate, and his intent is clearly defense of God's truth.

• Members

You haven't seen a dark spirit here?

I'm sorry Mike - you have had blinkers on.

The spirit in this place is not like it used to be.
And it is because of sly false teachers, not the OBvious ones like these SDA guys.

• Members

So we should let error slide because we shouldn't "question the mods"?? How is that any different than telling a church member they shouldn't question their pastor even if he is in blatant error? I have seen many good forums ruined over the errors that creep in a destroy them, and it's not so much the fault of the heretics as it is the failure of those who know the truth to stand up and fight against them, and sorry to say, some of them are moderators.

When I got kicked off of one forum for challenging the Calvinism and anti-KJV stance of an administrator who refused to debate me, I brought many of the IFB members that were left there to this forum. I even promoted this forum on 3 of my other websites, and my brother Elisha promotes it on his IFB group on the Facebook network. Thus I have grown attached to this forum and gained many many friends here. But now I can't honestly direct anyone else here because too many trolls and anonymous users have come here to do exactly what they have done to other forums. It's a methodical and planned action on their parts, and I choose to fight them instead of letting another forum with many good Baptist brothers and sisters go to the devil.

Instead of the mods standing up and doing something about it and sympathizing with those who are complaining (which right now is a large MAJORITY of the forum) they are making excuses and mad at me for being "unloving" and TOO LOUD. Myself and many others have been patient long enough. Yes, there is a need for rules and order, but as I said on another thread, "..when those in charge are willing to compromise the integrity of Scripture to maintain their authoritative superiority, it's not only time to challenge their views, but to demand a regime change."

No, I'm not saying that nothing should be done. And even though I question the way you've gone about this, even then I think what you are doing is miles better than apathy, and I'm not against your desire for change.

What you've just launched into amounts to a vote of no confidence in the mods and therefore by extension Matt himself, who has appointed the mods and does forum moderating alongside them. Generally I do believe there's a time for a vote of no confidence, and it sounds like you are arguing that the time is now, since you and others have been patient for two years and nothing has happened, and moreover the matter is pressing because good folk are leaving.

Ok, but I think a vote of no confidence generally ought to be last resort, once all other avenues have been exhausted, and especially when the community means a lot to us. I believe this forum is dear to you; it's dear to me too. If we respect one another and especially if we believe we are brothers and sisters in Christ, shouldn't we be first coming at this in a less adversarial way?

For example, anyone tried pm'ing Matt with a proposal for change (i.e. not just a complaint), beginning with a thanks for what he and the mods provide for us, then explaining that they are worried about where the forum is headed, that they think change is needed quickly, and that if Matt agrees then they would like to help expedite things? Have they tried sending that ten times?

I know I haven't, even though I too haven't liked what seems to have been a change here over the last 12 months or so. So shame on me, for real. But has anyone else? And again I don't just mean a once or twice 'this site used to be good but now it sucks and I don't recommend it to anyone and am thinking of leaving' type whinge.

I don't think I'm just advocating tact here, or diplomacy or politics or whatever. I think if we respect Matt, the mods and the forum then we ought to show it even when we bring complaints and grievances and requests for change, or even especially then.

And in case any should respond with 'but exposing false teachings should be done publicly', I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about complaining publicly about how the forum is run. This thread isn't about false teachings, in fact it's the opposite: the complaint being made is that if the forum was run differently there would be no false teachings to expose.

And I know--I'm doing it too. Well, the discussion's already out in the open. I also want to say that although I don't think it would be right for me to be a mod I'd be willing to put time into helping this site in any way I could, like some sort of housekeeping or whatever. I'll pm Matt with the offer.

• Members

For example, anyone tried pm'ing Matt with a proposal for change (i.e. not just a complaint), beginning with a thanks for what he and the mods provide for us, then explaining that they are worried about where the forum is headed, that they think change is needed quickly, and that if Matt agrees then they would like to help expedite things? Have they tried sending that ten times?

I did just that a couple weeks back

*edited to add:  Not "ten times", but more than once with suggestions.  Mainly concerning moderation concerning trolls.

• Members

The spirit in this place is not like it used to be.
And it is because of sly false teachers, not the OBvious ones like these SDA guys.

It is also because of people (IFBs incuded) who stir the pot.

• Members

Not to mention the frustration and anger of some who can't stand that they are either unable to defend their positions or get others to change their view. Sinful postings have abounded here due to sinful attitudes. Those sins are a prOBlem as are other sins.

• Members

Not to mention the frustration and anger of some who can't stand that they are either unable to defend their positions or get others to change their view. Sinful postings have abounded here due to sinful attitudes. Those sins are a prOBlem as are other sins.

Agree.

It is a shame that some behave on a publicly-viewable website in a manner that would cause embarrassment if done in person.  

Archived