• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Don't Call This An Independent Baptist Forum

• Members

Well, FWIW, the Jews that practice Judaism do not worship God. They reject Jesus Christ, and as Jesus is God and part of the Godhead, the god they worship (particularly in the style the worship) is now a figment of their imagination. 

James Ach, you are incredibly out of line. If you have a prOBlem with how BroMatt runs this site, you should have taken it to him by PM. You are not the definer of IFB nor the moderator of how this site should be run. Having your doctrinal p's and q's in place do not mean you are in the right nor have the right to attack BroMatt in such a fashion.  This kind of behavior puts me in mind of a person who would chop a hole in the bottom of the boat to get rid of the rats. Better the boat sink than the rats remain...

By one persons own admission ("Genevanpreacher") my posts used to be "cordial", but just how much patience is required to tolerate false doctrine?? I am told to be "longsuffering". I have been patient for 2 years as have many of the rest of us, or are you just BLIND and can't see the rest of the others commenting on this prOBlem here and else where? 

When I first came here YOU WERE DEFENDING THE PEOPLE FROM DO RIGHT HYLES ANDERSON before you became a moderator. I understand some of Matt's issues and realize he has a busy life outside of the forum, so that leaves the MODERATORS, and some of you moderators don't know doctrine from a hole in the ground and have done a HORRIBLE JOB at allowing the status quo of this forum to become what it is now. It is ironic that you and "Happy Christian" focus on me because I am the loudest, while you ignore the NUMEROUS OTHERS who are all saying the same thing.

I am fighting because there are very few Baptists left that are, and it's becoming a dying group, not only because of people like Jack Schaap and poor leaders, but because people in positions with the ability to do something about the prOBlem STAND THERE LIKE BUMPS ON A LOG AND LET IT HAPPEN. So YES, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

And if that offends you, then I have some serious doubts as to whether you have ever spent any time under a solid independent Baptist preacher, because if you can't handle what I've said on a forum, I'm quite sure you wouldn't tolerate a hot preaching Baptist on Sonday morning.

Like I said in the OP, if it's your house and these are your rules and that's how you want to run it fine: BUT DON'T CALL IT AN INDEPENDENT FUNDAMENTAL BAPTIST FORUM/COMMUNITY

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, they are monotheistic Salyan.  They have no idea that the God of Abraham, Isaac and JacOB is Jesus Christ.  They are blind like any lost person is.  It is still our jOB, as Christians, to fulfill the "Great Commission".  And, that would mean to take the gospel to the Jews, too.  It can be done.   :)

You're wasting your time on her, Happy C and their Jewish Expert on Everything Israel, Covenanter, who OBviously know so much more about Israel then us Jews do.

• Moderators

By one persons own admission ("Genevanpreacher") my posts used to be "cordial", but just how much patience is required to tolerate false doctrine?? I am told to be "longsuffering". I have been patient for 2 years as have many of the rest of us, or are you just BLIND and can't see the rest of the others commenting on this prOBlem here and else where? 

When I first came here YOU WERE DEFENDING THE PEOPLE FROM DO RIGHT HYLES ANDERSON before you became a moderator. I understand some of Matt's issues and realize he has a busy life outside of the forum, so that leaves the MODERATORS, and some of you moderators don't know doctrine from a hole in the ground and have done a HORRIBLE JOB at allowing the status quo of this forum to become what it is now. It is ironic that you and "Happy Christian" focus on me because I am the loudest, while you ignore the NUMEROUS OTHERS who are all saying the same thing.

I am fighting because there are very few Baptists left that are, and it's becoming a dying group, not only because of people like Jack Schaap and poor leaders, but because people in positions with the ability to do something about the prOBlem STAND THERE LIKE BUMPS ON A LOG AND LET IT HAPPEN. So YES, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

And if that offends you, then I have some serious doubts as to whether you have ever spent any time under a solid independent Baptist preacher, because if you can't handle what I've said on a forum, I'm quite sure you wouldn't tolerate a hot preaching Baptist on Sonday morning.

Like I said in the OP, if it's your house and these are your rules and that's how you want to run it fine: BUT DON'T CALL IT AN INDEPENDENT FUNDAMENTAL BAPTIST FORUM/COMMUNITY

Now there are some plain out falsehoods in that there statement, but the one that does offend me the most is the slight against my pastor. Your style of brow-beating is no way a requisite for good, solid Bible teaching, and I'll thank you not to slight my pastor.

• Members

Thank you for your input. It is very hard to define Independent anymore. When we started this forum 12 years ago we could say Independent without a prOBlem, now though is seems that the term Independent is broader than it ever has been. James, would you be willing (with others interested) in doing a video handout and in the near future and discussing this issue? I would like to get others input in a video conversation environment instead of posting on forums.

Well, FWIW, the Jews that practice Judaism do not worship God. They reject Jesus Christ, and as Jesus is God and part of the Godhead, the god they worship (particularly in the style the worship) is now a figment of their imagination. 

James Ach, you are incredibly out of line. If you have a prOBlem with how BroMatt runs this site, you should have taken it to him by PM. You are not the definer of IFB nor the moderator of how this site should be run. Having your doctrinal p's and q's in place do not mean you are in the right nor have the right to attack BroMatt in such a fashion.  This kind of behavior puts me in mind of a person who would chop a hole in the bottom of the boat to get rid of the rats. Better the boat sink than the rats remain...

Was BroMatt not asking for p's and q's? That's why I posted in this thread.

• Moderators

He wasn't directly attacking your pastor as if he knows him personally. Don't disregard the entirety of the post and focus on one possible item.

It was an indirect attack, Miss Daisy. I'm afraid that when it comes to implications made about my Pastor I am very thin-skinned. :wink  I was not disregarding the post, but simply choosing to respond to the most offensive part (and trying not to respond emotionally). Many things he is saying have been addressed already, and do not need rehashing. Others are being discussed by the moderators, and I am choosing not to respond to them at this time. One thing - I would like to go on record as saying that I do not and never have looked favorably on, agreed with or otherwise promoted Hyles Anderson. Some of the teachings and the fruit of that school disgust me. Just wanted to say that so the above accusation could not turn into an incorrect assumption of my beliefs or allegiances.

• Members

Just an OBservation:

Anyone else notice how the prOBlem with trolls has died down now that members are fighting amongst one another?

James 4:1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

Yeah, I know... the verse in context is not speaking against what is going on here per se, but should we truly be fighting amongst each other?  Instead of fighting, allow those who see false doctine being promoted to make known to all what that false doctrine is and what it is false using the Word of God.

Dr Ach has been doing a great jOB of exposing error and all should take notice.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

• Members

These kind of prOBlems with false teachings do NOT belong in private messaging! FALSE TEACHINGS ARE TO BE POINTED OUT AND NAMED!

Salyan was talking about the practice of publicly berating web masters and mods for not providing a good enough (free) service. And she's right in my opinion. It's both poor netiquette and against the forum rules, and that remains true even if a person's intentions are otherwise laudable.

I hope what Matt takes from all this animosity is that people folk are passionate and therefore care about the forum, which is a good thing. But if his response was to pull the plug on the whole site, I wouldn't blame him. In fact, I'd say that collectively we deserved it.

• Members

Psalm 133:1-3

I've stayed out of this though I suspect James may have me in mind. I have respect for the board's doctrinal position on"Calvinism" and AFAIK I have only posted on the subject to correct James' erroneous posts. I prefer him to attempt to refute a genuine teaching, rather than his own false statement of the beliefs of others. 

It would also be constructive to argue with Scripture against what I write, rather than against a label he sticks on me. 

• Members

These kind of prOBlems with false teachings do NOT belong in private messaging! FALSE TEACHINGS ARE TO BE POINTED OUT AND NAMED!

I think this is in reference to what I said about taking things to PMs if they go too far Off topic. I agree that these things should be pointed and named, I was just attempting to find a resolution to the prOBlem of threads going off topic. a possible alternative is heavy moderating, in which posts are moved to a newly opened thread for dicussion to continue in there.

This does not solve however the idea of being an IFB forum, I have not a ton to add to the discussion thus far, Dr James invited me here from another forum that was in worse shape than this so im not ready to jump ship as of yet.

• Members

Psalm 133:1-3

I've stayed out of this though I suspect James may have me in mind. I have respect for the board's doctrinal position on"Calvinism" and AFAIK I have only posted on the subject to correct James' erroneous posts. I prefer him to attempt to refute a genuine teaching, rather than his own false statement of the beliefs of others. 

It would also be constructive to argue with Scripture against what I write, rather than against a label he sticks on me. 

That is the point, Covenanter.  It is scripture that speaks for itself.  Your view of Replacement Theology is in error.  I don't know how you or anyone else, for that matter, can read the Books of Daniel, Ezekiel and Revelation and come to that conclusion.  Also, many people have tried to show you through the word of God that what happens in Revelation has not occurred yet.  I don't have a prOBlem with a label.  What I do find is that your theology does not line up with the word of God.  As I pointed out in another thread, I do realize that it is your theology that has molded and shaped you.  However, you seem to have no desire to want to learn what others are trying to tell you through what the Bible clearly states as truth.

• Members

Salyan was talking about the practice of publicly berating web masters and mods for not providing a good enough (free) service. And she's right in my opinion. It's both poor netiquette and against the forum rules, and that remains true even if a person's intentions are otherwise laudable.

I hope what Matt takes from all this animosity is that people folk are passionate and therefore care about the forum, which is a good thing. But if his response was to pull the plug on the whole site, I wouldn't blame him. In fact, I'd say that collectively we deserved it.

So we should let error slide because we shouldn't "question the mods"?? How is that any different than telling a church member they shouldn't question their pastor even if he is in blatant error? I have seen many good forums ruined over the errors that creep in a destroy them, and it's not so much the fault of the heretics as it is the failure of those who know the truth to stand up and fight against them, and sorry to say, some of them are moderators. 

When I got kicked off of one forum for challenging the Calvinism and anti-KJV stance of an administrator who refused to debate me, I brought many of the IFB members that were left there to this forum. I even promoted this forum on 3 of my other websites, and my brother Elisha promotes it on his IFB group on the Facebook network. Thus I have grown attached to this forum and gained many many friends here. But now I can't honestly direct anyone else here because too many trolls and anonymous users have come here to do exactly what they have done to other forums. It's a methodical and planned action on their parts, and I choose to fight them instead of letting another forum with many good Baptist brothers and sisters go to the devil. 

Instead of the mods standing up and doing something about it and sympathizing with those who are complaining (which right now is a large MAJORITY of the forum) they are making excuses and mad at me for being "unloving" and TOO LOUD. Myself and many others have been patient long enough. Yes, there is a need for rules and order, but as I said on another thread, "..when those in charge are willing to compromise the integrity of Scripture to maintain their authoritative superiority, it's not only time to challenge their views, but to demand a regime change." 

• Members

That is the point, Covenanter.  It is scripture that speaks for itself.  Your view of Replacement Theology is in error.  I don't know how you or anyone else, for that matter, can read the Books of Daniel, Ezekiel and Revelation and come to that conclusion.  Also, many people have tried to show you through the word of God that what happens in Revelation has not occurred yet.  I don't have a prOBlem with a label.  What I do find is that your theology does not line up with the word of God.  As I pointed out in another thread, I do realize that it is your theology that has molded and shaped you.  However, you seem to have no desire to want to learn what others are trying to tell you through what the Bible clearly states as truth.

And what Covenanter just said is utter non sense. I can show you post after post after post after post where I posted so much Scripture on the subjects, and so many quotes from Calvinists own authors that Covenanter ran for the hills and traded his comments for general insults. 

Just to prove my point, I am going to take the time later on to post EVERY SINGLE THREAD that I have ever debated Covenanter on the issues of eschatology and Israel, and let the rest judge as to whether I have made a diligent effort to confront him WITH SCRIPTURE, hundreds of them.

Archived