• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Don't Call This An Independent Baptist Forum

• Members

I don't mind following rules in someone elses house. No prOBlem. But don't invite me to a pizza party and when I get there you are serving beets and cornbread. 

If Matt and the mods want to make this an ecumenical forum then at least give the rest of us who hold strongly to our independent Baptist views a heads up. But in the  mean time, while those of us who hold to the traditional fundamental Baptist views are chastised for calling out the heresy of others, please stop calling this an independent Baptist Community. In the last year or so, it has become FAR from that, and I may be one of the loudest pointing that out, but I am certainly not the ONLY one pointing it out, and many have already left because of it, some of whom I brought to this forum from other Baptist forums. Must I now regret sending them here?

This forum needs a serious house cleaning before you lose whatever solid Bible believers you have left.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Actually, in the past year this has become a place where some of the most doctrinally accurate folks on this board have become the most insufferable boors in their rude behavior toward others. I've been here for almost 7 years - in that time I've seen Calvinists, Catholics and cultists come, push an agenda, and get kicked out; I've seen new evangelicals come and protest our standards and been gently taught a better doctrine, and I've seen disagreements on many issues between the most doctrinally sound folk on the board that are discussed and resolved (or not) amicably. This is the first year I ever remember seeing such antipathy and rudeness toward fellow IFBs and visitors alike.  That is my personal opinion and not a mod statement. The mod perspective is that it becomes really difficult to adequately moderate for people that may be pushing an agenda when we are constantly distracted with having to remind adults how not to behave like children. 

• Administrators

Thank you for your input. It is very hard to define Independent anymore. When we started this forum 12 years ago we could say Independent without a prOBlem, now though is seems that the term Independent is broader than it ever has been. James, would you be willing (with others interested) in doing a video handout and in the near future and discussing this issue? I would like to get others input in a video conversation environment instead of posting on forums.

• Members

Bro. James Ach,

I am sorry you cannot agree with anything that comes out of some of our mouths.

And when some say they are IFB's, maybe they are, yet Independent of your 'type' of view on believing the scriptures.

I have been rude, and I regret it.

I am new to this and I hope to never have to be 'got on' again.

I shall strive to have a better attitude.

I have read quite a few of your previous posts from 2012,

and I wonder what happened to your good-natured responses that you OBviously had back then.

I see a lot of 'conspiracy' type of 'thinking'.

I know there are some truths to conspiracies, yet they lack 'facts', and 'sources'.

You prOBably don't care, but that is what destroyed my previous pastors ministry .

Who by the way, disagreed with me in many points also.

But he always was 'loving' in his discussions with me, and chastised me in peace.

And I learned so much more by not being 'pounded'.

A 'bishop' must be 'apt to teach', and 'no striker', and do this with 'all longsuffering, and doctrine'.

I hope you receive this in the spirit that I mean it.

:godisgood:

• Members

There is an awful lot of false doctrine being pushed, and some of it quite aggressively.
And it gets excused by those pushing it by them saying that IFB has no standard position. That means that they push whatever they like and still call themselves IFB - which is rubbish.

My biggest thing is that the IFB only area used to be a safe haven to discuss with IFB while the rest of the place allowed anyone to play as long as they were nice.
Over time that has changed. BroMatt can only go on what people say of course, and if people lie to him then what can he do?

But there is no longer an "IFB only" area here.

There should be a fully public area, and a restricted area where truly IFB can discuss IFB only things.

Those that define IFB as loose as some here do should not call themselves IFB and should not be allowed in that area.

But it is an extremely difficult thing to control.

• Members

And you, as a guest, apparently have no prOBlem complaining publicly about said house.

When the house says it is a particular thing, and it used to be that thing, but others come in and change the furniture, the paint, the music, the shows on the TV, and the food they prepare in the kitchen, and no one notices - then it is up to those who love what the house used to be to point those things out.......

• Members

Mark 11:17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Acts 20:28-29 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

• Members

When the house says it is a particular thing, and it used to be that thing, but others come in and change the furniture, the paint, the music, the shows on the TV, and the food they prepare in the kitchen, and no one notices - then it is up to those who love what the house used to be to point those things out.......

Perhaps privately to the owner of the house.  Not publicly.

• Members

Perhaps privately to the owner of the house. Not publicly.

I don't disagree with that.

But sometimes someone just needs to be stopped immediately, and if the boss isn't around to see it........

• Members

Thank you for your input. It is very hard to define Independent anymore. When we started this forum 12 years ago we could say Independent without a prOBlem, now though is seems that the term Independent is broader than it ever has been. James, would you be willing (with others interested) in doing a video handout and in the near future and discussing this issue? I would like to get others input in a video conversation environment instead of posting on forums.

I will respond to this in greater length later

• Members

I don't disagree with that.

But sometimes someone just needs to be stopped immediately, and if the boss isn't around to see it........

Confronting a threat (to proper doctrine) in another's house is one thing.  Publicly criticizing the owner is another- that would be better done privately.   That's my point.

Archived